Alpine W505 Touchscreen Double Din

it will work if you do the toggle switch idea to simulate you actually hitting the brake and what not, but once you shut the car off it is disabled again. So next time you start your car and decided you want video playback your going to have to flip switches again to simulate the brake action again.

The bypass is only 20$, and it does the flipping of the switches automatically everytime you start the vehicle (so you will have instant video playback when ever you want) without having to flip toggle switches on and off.

Thats why I said the switches is a ghetto way to do it, and yes it works, but only until the car is turned off because there is no sort of memory for it. plus with the switches you gotta put them someplace and what not.

so i would only have one switch and turn it on when i start the vehicle and when i turn the vehicle off just flep the switch again... or do i have to use multiple switchs... and the way u say it it sounds like i have to flip the switch on and off when i am driving ahaha. but yeah i will buy that mod sometime in the next couple weeks.

I dont remember the exact way it goes, but I think theres one wire to the ebrake and 1 wire that goes to neautral safty switch.

But Ive never rigged a install together for a paying customer with switches. Its not professional on our end.

We just sell the modules with the headunit and hook them up right off the bat if wanted. This keeps customers from comming back wanting video playback and complaining or them going in their dash and possibly messing something up.

And then you got some headunits like kenwoods and select pioneers that work with just grounding out the wire and then you never have to do nothing with it again. but then theres other pioneers that you gotta do a physical mod to that cant be undone voiding warranty.

Edited by Bangin Caddy

I dont remember the exact way it goes, but I think theres one wire to the ebrake and 1 wire that goes to someplace else.

We just sell the modules with the headunit and hook them up right off the bat if wanted. This keeps customers from comming back wanting video playback or them going in their dash and possibly messing something up.

ok man.... thanks for all the help.... i will make sure to get one in the next couple weeks.... it would just be nice if i could get to my time settings and more ipod settings because i didnt even hook the two wires up the way they should so it doesnt let me look and change anything besides the audio setup.