Toxiccasper Posted April 27, 2009 Report Posted April 27, 2009 Have a set of these laying around and want to turn them into house satellites. What size should I make the enclosure for the woofer to get good sound in a house? Im not expecting amazing mid bass. Just a clean sounding satellite Thanks
L561W Posted May 3, 2009 Report Posted May 3, 2009 I wouldn't think it's as critical as a sub box, because they're meant to be infinite baffle. Maybe try to plug the T/S parameters in to WinISD and see what it comes up with?
xx24xx Posted May 4, 2009 Report Posted May 4, 2009 Why not try building demo pods. Can't be that expensive. lP lR O Jl lE C T - C G 6 DD 9512G - DD M2A - DDA W - DD S4A - ALPINE W505 - IMPRINT
engine_hp Posted May 19, 2009 Report Posted May 19, 2009 are u talking about the ALPINE SPR-17S TYPE- R 6.5" COMPONENT ? Jeep Grand - Still making plans. Camaro SS - Under Construction.
Forevrbumpn Posted May 19, 2009 Report Posted May 19, 2009 If free air, I would just do pretty large boxes, 1cf- 1.5cf sealed. I have free air speakers in my entertainment center, and they sound fine sealed I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.