Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

10w7 And 500/1 Trouble


Recommended Posts

Posted

So, I posted a forum about this topic a week ago and I thought I had the problem fixed, but it seems to be something else.

My recent setup was the audiocontrol eql and the 24xs crossing my 500/1 and my 300/4. But I have heard that the 500/1 with the w7 shouldnt need an eq, so I am using the eql just to run the 300/4 and I just rewired my rcas and now my 500/1 rcas are running straight from my headunit. Now, after I set my gain to jl specs (halfway up at 37.8volts) I hooked up the sub and its not putting out good bass at all... it moves but does not hit and it makes a wierd popping noise... I checked my input voltage from the cd player with a test tone at 50hz and the result was really low... at about .200volts... this is the minimum the amp should be getting, but it still puts out 37.8v on the speaker outputs....will this make a difference??? and now the sub is cutting on and off....could it be my amp giving out??? would it help to have a line driver???

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C5-570 Components

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2098 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...