Second Skin Audio

Quick Ohm Question

Ok here's my situation, I have 2 12'' jl w3v2's and I have been trying to find another one for a while now. I'm aware this is probably a stupid question but I have dual 2 ohm subs and all I can find is Dual 4 ohm subs. There's no way getting a dual 4 ohm could be run with 2 dual 2 ohms right? Im guessing I would damage my subs or amp and it would sound bad? I guess Im just more curious because I don't really understand ohm loads and I don't know what difference different voice coils and ohm make.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

well it would be fine if you were running different amps... but no you cant mix em... current will always take the path of the least resistance!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

well it would be fine if you were running different amps... but no you cant mix em... current will always take the path of the least resistance!

I have another amp but the one I'm running is a kicker 9013d and the old amp i have is a kicker 300.1 so the subs wouldnt even be getting the same amount of power and I'm guessing to run 2 amps I would probably need a battery or alternator upgrade.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

with 3 of them you will need a 1ohm stable amp.

Yea my kenwood is stable to 1 ohm, and I checked the wiring at rockfordfosgate.com if I get another dual 2 ohm it will be 1.2 or somewhere around there ohms.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

Yea my kenwood is stable to 1 ohm, and I checked the wiring at rockfordfosgate.com if I get another dual 2 ohm it will be 1.2 or somewhere around there ohms.

Has anyone had experience with these subs or something close to them between 2 and 3 of them? how much louder will a third one make it they will be sealed In a 1 cu ft per sub box and will be running on a kenwood 9013d amp

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

Has anyone had experience with these subs or something close to them between 2 and 3 of them? how much louder will a third one make it they will be sealed In a 1 cu ft per sub box and will be running on a kenwood 9013d amp

Also all the subs will be in downfire boxes not sure if that makes much of a difference or not.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I had 2 of those 12's in a jl ported box and a mtx 801d amp and they sounded very clean well I think that the amp will put around 1100 watts maybe at 1ohm so it could push all 3 but it would do the 2 of them pretty good and have a little extra power on hand that way your amp is not cranked up all the way. Hope this helps a little.

Eclipse

Hifonics

Alpine

Kinetik

Optima

Excessive Amperage alt

I had 2 of those 12's in a jl ported box and a mtx 801d amp and they sounded very clean well I think that the amp will put around 1100 watts maybe at 1ohm so it could push all 3 but it would do the 2 of them pretty good and have a little extra power on hand that way your amp is not cranked up all the way. Hope this helps a little.

Yea the amp can handle it. I am running the two of them now and im happy with them but I just want it louder, I am used to having a 15'' eclipse aluminum series and that thing slammed. I threw my friends kenwood 12 in for a couple minutes just to get an idea what it would sound like he has a 12'' dual 2 ohm kenwood sub that handles close to the same power as my w3v2s's and it was a good amount louder and surprisingly clean for being a different sub.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3