Sonic Electronix

I just hooked up 2 kenwood 5x7s and 2 soundstorm 3". My head unit overheats very fast and just shuts off, happens when i turn the volume up about 3/4. All the positives and negatives are straight. Should i get a voltage tester and test the 12v lines going to the headunit?

2002 FORD EXPLORER PACKED WITH SOME CHEAP SUBWOOFERS!

seen this happen b4 and it was a bad start battery that was dropping below 12 volts at high volume and make forcing the H/U to shut off. Check your voltage going to it since you already stated that you checked the ground power and turn on connections.

From experience when Kenwood H/U's get too hot they start to skip the cd being played but have never experienced them shutting off from being too hot.

Random vids of the Avalanche My link

Team Bass-Hz

Sony, yes i was using all channels, when it was cranked up almost full tilt (3/4) the hu would over heat super fast and shut off. There was something wrong with the hu, because i put in a new one and it works great.

2002 FORD EXPLORER PACKED WITH SOME CHEAP SUBWOOFERS!

"full tilt" and speakers run off h/u should not be used in conjunction in same sentence.

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

Archived