Second Skin Audio

O.k. I need a little help deciding on what to get and what to do

TechSys

The vehicle is a 1991 Chevrolet Beretta GT. The backseat has been taken completely out. I have 51" wide x 27" high x 20" deep to mess around with. That comes out to being 15.9375 FT^3 area.

Currently I compete in Street Max 3-4 and, honestly, would like to stay in that class, but also get more into Bass Race. I've made up my mind to go with Fi Audio, and will not stray from that again.

I'm at a toss up of 4 BTL 12s, 4 BTL 15s, or dropping class and getting 2 BTL 18s. Really don't want to drop classes though.

I'll have 2-3kwrms to throw at each sub, if I go with either 4 sub setup.

I know for SPL, the enclosure will have to be tuned much higher. Hopefully I can figure out how to do a removeable port.

Can probably get a little bit more depth in between the rear tire wells. If I remember right I can go up to 23" deep and 38-40" wide in that area. Will have to measure that again.

That bad part is. The 51" wide is at the bottom, on the false floor I already have installed. At the top of the B pillars I only have 38" width. Seems the car bows out a little from the 51" then goes to 38". Pretty wierd if you ask me.

I have not removed the trim panels, yet. I'm thinking if I do that, I may be able to get a little more squared up, but not much.

Just to give you an idea, here is a pic or two of what's going on in the car.

picture5vm3.jpg

picture4oh6.jpg

Don't laugh at the subs :) , but they are 12" each.

So with that information what would you all recommend? If more info is needed, let me know what it is and I'll try to get it.

Thanks

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

Guest 90accordman

im not familiar with comp rules but are you wanting a wall or to have them pointing up, i kinda skimmed the reading.  i have the same beretta and would probably go the r 12 route just for the less constraints on air space.

I'm wanting to wall it. That's been my plan since I bought the car in 2002, just never got around to doing it. I will be in SM 3-4, but swinging more towards Bass Race next season. Thanks to Shawn for talking to me about it a little bit.

Going to visit Shawn next weekend. Maybe we (he) can figure out what'd be best for the car. I'm pretty sure I could build anything, but I may just see what he'd do cause then I know it should be awesome.

Unfortunately the BTLs will have to wait another 2 weeks before ordering. I've got some other responsibilities that need to be taken care of first (car insurance, rent). Then I need to look at my electrical system, need to get at least one more battery and run some 1/0.

It's going to take a lot, but I'm hoping I can get up there with Steve and Shawn, in loudness, within the next couple months.

Planning on a minimum of 2,000 watts per sub, unless I go with 18s, then I'll try a little more. I'm figuring 4 12s with 2,000 watts each, will get loud as hell. Hopefully

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

:^ tell ya what bro. since you bought that box i built and youre not gonna use it, when and if someone can design a box for you, and im not the best designer but one hell of a builder, get a design save the money for wood and whatnot, take a weekend from J-ville and ride out to my house for the weekend and ill help you put it together , with a little helping hand i think you could wang in your class  ;)

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Well, thanks for the offer, but....

I'm going down to Gainesville this weekend. I know Shawn is going to be pretty busy with a full install he's doing, but maybe he can get a chance to figure out some things with my car.

Archived