DC Sound Lab

Hmmm think something like that would be PERFECT....bet itd look just as nice with the T40001BD :spiteful:

Thanks Noob...Great lookin box Rusty...

back in the day my boy had a 4 channel amp pushing 4 kicker comps and he ran a toggle for each sub to turn em on and off, they were in the same box..

now the ? i have is this:

1. Is it safe to do that?

2. If yes, is it best to give each sub its own chamber?

3. If no, is there a way to control each sub on a mono amp?? i would think that cutting the power to one would throw more power to the others.....

THIS IS THE START OF A PROBLEM THATS LACKING A SOLUTION

i wouldn't do it :)

on a small scale it may be fine, as you lose woofers your decreasing amp output my concern would be that if they are in the same box the last one or two woofs might have some mechanical issues with the large box and small cone, this could be avoided with single chambers

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

i wouldn't do it :)

on a small scale it may be fine, as you lose woofers your decreasing amp output my concern would be that if they are in the same box the last one or two woofs might have some mechanical issues with the large box and small cone, this could be avoided with single chambers

-Drew

yeah thats what i was thinking give each sub its own chamber..

Now i am going to run 4 12'' LVL 4s off a T40001BD if i cut one sub off with a toggle would that not increase the wattage to the other 3?????

yeah thats what i was thinking give each sub its own chamber..

Now i am going to run 4 12'' LVL 4s off a T40001BD if i cut one sub off with a toggle would that not increase the wattage to the other 3?????

just get another t4k and have sub control do its job if you want not so much bass turn it down if you want stoopid basss just turn it up :spiteful:

BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN

4ohm

4ohm

4ohm

4ohm

^^^ all in parallel for 1ohm load ex: 4kw

4ohm

4ohm

4ohm

^^^ all in parallel for a 1.33ohm load 3kw

4ohm

4ohm

^^^ all in parallel for a 2ohm load 2kw

4ohm

^^^ just a 4ohm load 1kw

**just rough examples

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

**just rough examples

-Drew

alright, i was just checking prices and itll cost about the same for me to run a 1k watt amp to each sub, once u figure in the extra wiring, dist. blocks, etc....i might just do it that way.....kinda like rustys box has the 1 amp cept mount all 4 of em vertically..only thing that worries me is ima have 3 amps for highs/mids, plus whatever amps for my subs... :drinks: