Second Skin Audio

What Kind Of Box For These?

I have 2 of these subs. Just wondering what sort of box I should build for it. I have a crappy sealed right now and it's doing the subs no justice. I have BassBox pro and I've looked at RE's http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html and I have no idea what to put into the parameters. Anyway, wondering what kind of box I should build for it. I listen mostly to rap BTW. Here's a pic of the "specs". Also, are these double 2 ohm or dual 4ohm? Somewhere it said dual 4 but i think the thing says 2ohm. Please help. This box will be going into an 01 Impala btw.

2w7pzzm.png

Edited by k3n12ock

I would try to build a box that is at least 3^3 after displacement tuned to 32-34Hz since you like rap. If you can build a bigger box, Do it, it will help the subs preform a lot better.

And for tuning I personally love the lows so I tune my box's to 30Hz or less. lol.

Edited by brsteinbach

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

I would try to build a box that is at least 3^3 after displacement tuned to 32-34Hz since you like rap. If you can build a bigger box, Do it, it will help the subs preform a lot better.

And for tuning I personally love the lows so I tune my box's to 30Hz or less. lol.

3ft by 3ft? Ported or sealed? How do you tune it to 32-34Hz? Sorry, I'm a noob at this sort of stuff.

3ft by 3ft? Ported or sealed? How do you tune it to 32-34Hz? Sorry, I'm a noob at this sort of stuff.

Umm 3 cubic feet ported tuned to 32-34Hz. Do you have dimensions of your trunk opening for the biggest box that can be built?

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

Umm 3 cubic feet ported tuned to 32-34Hz. Do you have dimensions of your trunk opening for the biggest box that can be built?

No I don't but I will measure it later :D Sucks too because I need the trunk space.

dual 2ohm

Thanks. I'll be wiring them like this:

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

Now would I be wiring these in the box like that or from outside the box? BTW, will be measuring the max room I can spare in the trunk.

No I don't but I will measure it later :D Sucks too because I need the trunk space.

Ok and if you have an Impala im sure a 3 cube box won't take up a bunch of room.

dual 2ohm

X2 Forgot you asked that.

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

You could wire them inside or outside of the box. But I think inside would be easier.

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

Ok and if you have an Impala im sure a 3 cube box won't take up a bunch of room.

X2 Forgot you asked that.

First off, I would just like to say thanks for all your help so far and thanks to everyone else on the boards.

So okay, I think I'll go with the 3cube box. Only thing is, design. 3ft cube, how would that look like? 3^3 ported right? Round or square port? Or sealed box? I know, I fail at design and inputting of specs. If someone could help me with using RE's thing or even BassBox Pro, or this thing, http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31 I would really appreciate it.

Edited by k3n12ock