when i am wet sanding i splash a lil water on my paper every so often to remove any dust or anything on the paper and keep on sanding, and i have it rolled on a paint stick that i have broke down to be a lil smaller to were the paint stick doesnt scratch into the paint or primer whichever i am sanding

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

Guest Nismofreak

Okay. Will I get the glass look which I'm going for if I use the filler primer or normal primer. I used the thread which you wrote for painting. Check out my looking good thread. Does it look nice to you or not?

Edited by Nismofreak

I should clarify on my Tips post that I dry sand with the 80 and the 150. Then I wet sand with the 220. Then I primer and wet sand the primer with 220, then 400.

Hey Epicenter i have a few questions for you...

On your How to paint interior plastic pieces, the first two sandings you do is with the 80 and 150 grit. and you clarified saying you dry sand. So you use regular sandpaper, (NOT wetsand paper) and sand with 80 and 150 grit, and you do NOT add any water to the plastic piece during this process.

Then after those 2 sandings, you wetsand with a 220 grit (this is BEFORE the primer). So you use wetsand paper and water while you wetsand the plastic piece. You do NOT use any drysand paper during this sanding.

Then after the primer you wetsand with 220 and 400 grit. So you use wetsand paper and water for both the 220 grit and 400 grit. You do NOT use dry sand paper for this at any time.

I just want to make sure all these are correct.

I recently dry sanded (used no wetsand paper or water ) with a 80 grit and 150 grit on a plastic piece in my car, then since i could not find wetsand paper in a 220 grit i just used regular 220 dry sand paper grit (it was non clog/clog resistant) and sprayed water on the plastic piece as i sanded with the 220 grit. The plastic piece looks good and feels good. I might wet sand with a 400 grit before i primer it just to make it really smooth (since i do have wetsand paper in 400 grit, thats the only frit i could find for wetsand paper)

I went to oreilly's and found SEM Primer but it is not the High Build Primer, so i instead got the Diplicolor filler primer cuz they did have that (you said that primer was just as good anyways so i got it.) i also got bulldog adhesion promoter. Since i have never used an adhesion promoter before i wated to ask, when after do you apply the filler primer. Do you apply the filler primer right after you spray adhesion promoter, od does the adhesion promoter dry and then you spray the filler primer?

Baylor University

Accounting