Sonic Electronix

Does anyone know how to bypass the parking brake video security crap on a pioneer avic D3? I just ordered the radio yesterday, I should have it by Friday. I would assume it would be like the D1 & D2, just add a wire to the harness below the ground & ground it. I can't confirm that because I don't have the radio yet. Just wondering if anyone has done it yet? I'll post the bypass iwhen I get the radio installed if nobody has figured it out yet.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I found this on avic411.com. I can't confirm that it works but several people on that forum said it worked fine for them.

post-600-1173280263_thumb.jpg

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I'm pretty sure that you will get the bypass by simply adding an additional wire to the harness rather than removing the mute wire.

dj2q.jpg

Does anyone know how to bypass the parking brake video security crap on a pioneer avic D3? I just ordered the radio yesterday, I should have it by Friday. I would assume it would be like the D1 & D2, just add a wire to the harness below the ground & ground it. I can't confirm that because I don't have the radio yet. Just wondering if anyone has done it yet? I'll post the bypass iwhen I get the radio installed if nobody has figured it out yet.

Sup bro i also have a D3. just had it install'd last week, the guy at the shop wouldnt xactly tell me how they did it. but it CAN be done!!!!! if i can get some free time on my hands i'll pull it out & let u know what it looks like behind the dash or when u find out......would u let me in on da secret

I know that on the D1 & D2 all you have to do is ground the parking brake wire & add an additional wire to the harness in the empty slot above the ground wire. It sounds like the same applies to the D3. The instructions that I found said to remove the mute wire & place it in the empty slot above. Then just ground the wire with the parking break wire. I don't think you have to remove the mute wire, if you simply add an additional wire to the empty slot on the harness you should get the same effect. I believe the reason they are saying to remove the mute wire is because it is rarely used.

dj2q.jpg

I know that on the D1 & D2 all you have to do is ground the parking brake wire & add an additional wire to the harness in the empty slot above the ground wire. It sounds like the same applies to the D3. The instructions that I found said to remove the mute wire & place it in the empty slot above. Then just ground the wire with the parking break wire. I don't think you have to remove the mute wire, if you simply add an additional wire to the empty slot on the harness you should get the same effect. I believe the reason they are saying to remove the mute wire is because it is rarely used.

i believe why they said to remove the mute wire and put it in the other slot is so that you can get an exact fit and save some work.
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

ok the D3 came in this afternoon. I simply added a wire to the white harness in the empty slot above the mute wire & it works flawlessly! The video security is bypassed & you can watch dvd's while driving! This radio is pretty sweet. I was disapointed in the memory navigation though. On this model you only have 1 dvd slot instead of 1 dvd rom & 1 cd player as the D1 & D2 had. You have to take out your navigation disc when you wanna play a dvd or cd and the navi screen loses all its detail & just shows major interstates! Oh well, it plays dvd's!

dj2q.jpg

I added the wire to the empty slot above the mute wire and grounded it along with the parking brake wire! NO GROUND = NO BYPASS

dj2q.jpg

I C u beat me 2 this post. i JUST took mine out.. o well n-e way, thats xactly how mine is wired. iam kinda disapointed w/ the navi 2. wounder w/ why they changed that???? later man :~>

It was the difference in cost if they kept both slots it would almost cost as much as the z2

Its all about the Install !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/audioaddiction863

tripleA.jpg

Bass Race Florida State Champ runner up 139.9 2008

Bass Boxing Florida State Champ runner up Middleweight 2008

Archived