Second Skin Audio

Playin With Sketchup

So this is my first attempt, its going to be for 4 hdc315s. Problem i encountered is that the port is too wide for 4 15s to fit in there, well, idk yet, havent done the top of the box yet. The box is going to be either subs up port up or subs up port back. I havent made the top baffle yet...Not quite sure how to...i tried eariler but it was a bit...off...

202.5 in^2 of port. 13.9 cubes, tuned to 37 Hz. Anyway, any suggestions/comments?

firstboxattempt.jpg

Edited by siucsaluki11

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

what vehicle is this going in? if its for a suv then do subs up port back. put 2 subs on each side and your port directly in the middle.

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

Damn hell of a first attempt haha Ive been dicken with it for bout a week and still can't get the 45's in there right. Maybe I'll try another cold one :D :D

Looking for a CRX to get back in the game.

And a gas tank for my 01 r6. Hit the PM

Ill try that sub port aggangement. Its for a 2000 Chevy Blazer 4dr. I mow lawns for a living and its pouring so my boss called and said i got the day off, so im gunna hit a few car audio shops and drop off resumes and figured id play with sketchup till then.

So i kinda figured out how to make the baffle, but i cant cut out the holes for the subs, im sure i just gotta do a little lookin and ill figure it out

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

should i do a tall vertical port back or should i do a horizontal port? I got time, guess ill design one for each, lol

Problem with that setup, not enough room for my 14" cutouts next to the port

attempt2.jpg

also you can try making a port thats 15x14, then you wont have to worry bout not having the room for the subs

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

So heres where im at, for the record, the box is going to have a double baffle so it will be 24.75" tall. With one baffle it will be 24" and without it will be 23 1/4"

How do I make the top for my port? How do i make cutouts in my baffle? Thats pretty much what i have left to figure out for this box.

EDIT: Port is 22.5" x 9" and 16" long

attempt3.jpg

Edited by siucsaluki11