Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need Help With New Enclosure 2 15" Fi Btl


danny_c

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a tahoe with 3 12 kicker cvx. Subs and ports facing rear. I am in the processing of selling them and purchasing to 2 Fi 15" BTL subs.

Question is wich one would give me better lows. subs up and ports to the rear? or subs and ports facing rear?

Posted

I had better luck with subs and ports to the rear. . .

Others will disagree, but I actually built both ways and tested it. . .

When I had 1 sub, I ran sub rear and port to the side and was even a little bit louder.

MDF is cheap. Try it both ways. . .

Brian

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Posted
I had better luck with subs and ports to the rear. . .

Others will disagree, but I actually built both ways and tested it. . .

When I had 1 sub, I ran sub rear and port to the side and was even a little bit louder.

MDF is cheap. Try it both ways. . .

Brian

X2 I totally agree

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 8773 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...