I have been looking around on how to bag my truck for a while now, just trying to read up. I want a bolt on back half as I do not have the ability or equipment to weld. I have 20" iroc replicas right now and I am at stock height. I would have done an 18/20 combo if I would have thought it through. I wanna lay out eventually, but for right now I wanna lay on inners in the front, and hopefully lay in the rear(probably put drag blocks in and lay on those.) I want it to ride like stock or better, and I want it done right, this is my daily and I need a dependable safe set-up.

I wanna get at least one end of the truck bagged this summer. (Could probably do both ends if I just did schrader valves for a while and held off on the air management, but idk if itd be safe)

What rear end set-up would you guys reccomend?

It seems like the cando specialties bolt on cantilever 4 link is the cheapest bolt on bag on bar set-up? It would run me 300ish locally to have a notch welded in, or I could try the new bolt in step notch from sd with it. So all in all 1200ish for this set-up? Would the SD complete bolt on back half be worth the extra 350?

For the front I hear the slam specialties bas praised all the time. So I was hoping to squeeze a RE7 in there. What arms would you guys reccomend that would eventually lay a 20? And does anyone have experience with a 255/35/20 up front? Would I be able to get away with a modified blower box and small tubs? For the drivers side am I going to need a smaller booster? What do you guys reccomend as far as arms go? I will probably never be able to shell out 800 for the sd ones. I was looking at either buying the dehumped and pie cut stocks from Kris Dye, or the BYC flat plate arms. Anyone have any experience with these?

I know alot of you guys are FBI fans. I was readin on their arms, because they looked nice, but some of the guys said they had to mod the arms to lay an 18. Does anyone have any experience with FBI tubular arms? From the looks of their bolt on 4 link, this would require me to weld on mounts and do either BOA or Bag behind and under correct?

• 3 weeks later...

the SD kit is nice..and works very well.

X2

aside of the ART road grater kit(which only allows to tuck a 26"diameter wheel and tire combo)

but the SD kit is better built and allows to tuck a 30" diameter wheel and tire combo,plus its a five link and you can upgrade to super pivots for massive side to side action.

i would go with the SD bolt on backhalf, and s10 cups up front and with some cutting u can get the re7 to fit, as for layin the front out u need a smaller boost as u have said and would need to tubb out the firewall and make a small blower box and pie cut and dehump the stock control arms or go with the SD control arms , and for the back to lay out you use the sd backhalf and u will have to cut the bed up to lay. there is tonnes of info over at http://www.s10forum.com/forum/baggin-it/

Archived