Erics Impala Wall Build -- BTL 18's - Saz-3500d -- DC Power 270sp Installed

X3 on the bass boost off. I'd rather see you turn the gain up a bit more than run bass boost. Jake said that it's completely unnecessary.

agreed. I turned it completely off which allowed me to set the gain a tad higher. Can't even tell the difference.

EricB - thanks man. I work mainly with bigger size pipe lol. I'd rather glass it up so to not add more weight

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

• 2 weeks later...

I heard this car was the Shiznit. A fellow SMD member had a demo of this car today.

Now Eric I have to mess with you. You live in STINKADENA, I used to ride my bike all over that bioch back in the 80's

Good job. Just spent the last hour reading this after what CTHEDINGER said. He sent me a text saying he was getting a demo today, I think it was just before the actual demo. If you want to cover your box I have some light tan leather that can be dyed gray i can sell you for cheap.

So what part of Pasadena you live in. Ycan reply with that in a pm... I grew up off of Glenmore, the part closer to Red Bluff.

Keep up the good work...

Look at my build in my Sig, Mine ain't no 18's or a wall. I need all 5 seats. but I am planning on about 145+db off of 3 - 10's and a SAZ-1500D wired to 2.6667 for daily and .6667 for comps.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

haha yea i met him at the mall and gave a little demo.

how much of that leather you got? and is it real leather or what. i actually just bought 3 yards of black carpet from parts express lol. gonna put some glass and another layer of 3/4" birch on the front that extends to the sides and trims everything out. i gotta do somethin about the port too its about rattled to pieces. pretty sure if i put a few layers of glass on it it will be fine B)

i actually wanna do 2 10's off alot of watts when i get tired of the wall, kinda miss my back seats :(

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

haha yea i met him at the mall and gave a little demo.

how much of that leather you got? and is it real leather or what. i actually just bought 3 yards of black carpet from parts express lol. gonna put some glass and another layer of 3/4" birch on the front that extends to the sides and trims everything out. i gotta do somethin about the port too its about rattled to pieces. pretty sure if i put a few layers of glass on it it will be fine B)

i actually wanna do 2 10's off alot of watts when i get tired of the wall, kinda miss my back seats :(

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/ban.gif lol

Team Ampere Audio

Your brave town square is ghetto... I remember when they built that and added the mall on to JC Pennys. and if my calcs are right. I am looking at about 1200 per sub at .6667 ohms...

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

:lol: i don't know man its just this wall shit is alot of work to do by myself and its still got some more work to be done to it as far as box flex. if and when i see what kinda numbers its doing it might be worth it, i know its pretty loud to the ear and everyone else has said that its rediculously loud.

Your brave town square is ghetto... I remember when they built that and added the mall on to JC Pennys. and if my calcs are right. I am looking at about 1200 per sub at .6667 ohms...

nah we met at almeda mall by 45

how do you plan on gettin 3600 out of a saz1500 ?

nah we met at almeda mall by 45

how do you plan on gettin 3600 out of a saz1500 ?

typically cutting the ohm load doubles your output.

4 ohm = 100 watts

2 ohm = 200 watts

1 ohm = 400 watts

so forth and so on, not always typical but estimsated

1.33 ohm load

1970 watts at 12.85 volts

2236 watts at 14.6 volts

I will be at .667 that cutting the ohm's in half thats 4472 watts. Not typical but you can get about 75 to 80% more power. so saying 1200 was conservitive. If it true that cutting ohm doubles output. then i am looking closer to 1490 per sub.

Look up the ohms law chart and do the math starting with these numbers.

watts / volts = amps

1970 / 12.85 = 153.307

So

volts x amps = watts

14.6 x 153.307 2236

ohms

1.3337 / 2 = .6667

1.3337 = 2236

.6667 = 4472.

4472 / 3subs = 1490.66667 watts.

Sorry for all the math this late but I hope it helps explain my numbers. Plus I work with 10+ Electrical Engineer's and Electrical Designers.

I work at a place that does Electrical Heat Tracing in SW Houston...

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

As for that leather. i think its real. I have about 90% of an evtire roll maybe 300+ sq yards... its 54" wide.

What side of town to you stay and or work. I could maybe bring you a sample... or you could coma and get a sample and a demo of my car when its done in about 3 weeks.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

eric man i got a demo of your car yesterday and it hits real hard man i was very impressed

as for the little demo i gave you for some reason it didnt seem like it was hitting that hard only later to find out i was getting 3.4 ohms to my amp because of this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

DC Power 270sp is IN

full tilt voltage doesn't even drop below 14. now im ready for a second 3500 :spiteful:

Side by side

Posted Image

Bracket that came with it

Posted Image

It was a little too big on the edge so i had to grind it down a little

Posted Image

All finished

Posted Image

Archived