Erics Impala Wall Build -- BTL 18's - Saz-3500d -- DC Power 270sp Installed

Very nice, HO alts really do make a monster difference for a daily setup.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

that is still up in the air at the moment. im taking the subs out also and the inside of the wall is getting a makeover. the btl's are doing a number on it lol, lots of flex and not in a good way so probably a couple layers of glass are in order.

also ordered 3 yards of black carpet that should be here soon and im gonna make some trim panels with the ppi's on each side of the wall, also going to lay some glass on the port and probably use some t-nuts to secure it to the baffle, already snapped 3 screws and 6 or 7 are coming out. on the low low songs i hear more rattle than bass so something has to be done.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

nah we met at almeda mall by 45

how do you plan on gettin 3600 out of a saz1500 ?

typically cutting the ohm load doubles your output.

4 ohm = 100 watts

2 ohm = 200 watts

1 ohm = 400 watts

so forth and so on, not always typical but estimsated

1.33 ohm load

1970 watts at 12.85 volts

2236 watts at 14.6 volts

I will be at .667 that cutting the ohm's in half thats 4472 watts. Not typical but you can get about 75 to 80% more power. so saying 1200 was conservitive. If it true that cutting ohm doubles output. then i am looking closer to 1490 per sub.

Look up the ohms law chart and do the math starting with these numbers.

watts / volts = amps

1970 / 12.85 = 153.307

So

volts x amps = watts

14.6 x 153.307 2236

ohms

1.3337 / 2 = .6667

1.3337 = 2236

.6667 = 4472.

4472 / 3subs = 1490.66667 watts.

Sorry for all the math this late but I hope it helps explain my numbers. Plus I work with 10+ Electrical Engineer's and Electrical Designers.

I work at a place that does Electrical Heat Tracing in SW Houston...

kinda got it wrong here,, Your forgeting one thing, and that is efficiency. Cuttin resistance in half does double CURRENT not power, then youve got your effeciency that goes down. Plus the fact that on tones for burps you can have crazy impedence rise. at the least id say youll be over 1 ohm with rise.

You will be dissapointed running that setup daily at over 3 ohms too.

sorry for this detour. This build is nice, How do you like the alt?

Archived