Sonic Electronix

I made a thread on which batteries i should get awhile ago. Everyone was telling me to go overkill so I won't need to upgrade in the future. I don't want to go overkill. I just want a system that will stay above 12.8 volts for at least an hour long car ride.

I decided I'm going to get a optima yellow top and a stinger 1700. They are both used. I am getting them from a friend and a friend's friends. Will these 2 batteries be enough for a SAZ-2000d

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

idk how good the stinger batt is but im using a yellow top and a bluetop and i stay above 14volts unless i play full tilt for awhile and im using a stock alt and im using a saz3000... so i think you should be good but i dont know how good stingers batts are.. anyways ppl might shit on me for using yellow and a bluetop but whatever.

four sundown 3500s

four IA death penalties 18 in

in a chevy 1500

are you using one of the batts up front and one in the back? what is the model number of the yellow top? will the yellow top be in the back?

I wouldn't hook them up together in the back for your amp, I would think the yellow top would be good enough for your amp.

In reference to the overkill, the more batts the better, it just makes it easier on your system, but not necessary....

Edited by Darksideofsound

are you using one of the batts up front and one in the back? what is the model number of the yellow top? will the yellow top be in the back?

I wouldn't hook them up together in the back for your amp, I would think the yellow top would be good enough for your amp.

In reference to the overkill, the more batts the better, it just makes it easier on your system, but not necessary....

idk which one is going in the back and which is going in the front. but there both not going in the back and the yellow top is a group 34 series battery

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

I would have to say that wont be enough. The amp is rated 2000 watts at 12 volts, if you want to get the max out of this amp, probably around 2500, your going to want to stay at around 14 volts, and instead of a stinger 1700, id suggest a optima yellow top as the main battery in the front, and kinetic 1800 or 2000 in the rear. Woofersetc.com has the lowest price on the internet for kinetic and Firstoptimabatteries.com has the lowest on internet, but you can find it cheaper (used) on ebay. Good luck.

Edited by obcaraudio

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

then how is it that a local shop's ford excursion with 3k watts always drops below 6 with 2 capacitors, 1 kinetic battery, and the 70 amp alt? Upgraded to a 150 amp alternator, then it stays around 14.2

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

then how is it that a local shop's ford excursion with 3k watts always drops below 6 with 2 capacitors, 1 kinetic battery, and the 70 amp alt? Upgraded to a 150 amp alternator, then it stays around 14.2

Not enough wire? Shit grounds? Who knows. For a while I had a 4kw car with a single G31 yellowtop and 8 runs of 0 gauge... I wouldn't recommend it for ages but it worked for a couple of months no worries...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!