Sonic Electronix

since I am working my amp rack to make room for the hellfire 1000. I have a question about using a capacitor. I have a 2 f cap with my current setup. I am going to get a second battery whenever I get out of the rookie class, but until then...... SHould I hook the cap back up to the new amp or should I not. I have a yellow top battery up front and my car has a factory 130-140 amp alt. I have 0 Awg wire for power and on the "big 3".

Thanks

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

NO CAPS! Pun intended lol. Dont run a cap tho. Sell it and use the money towards another battery. I have heard tho if you have ENOUGH batteyr power that running a cap can actually be a good thing. But when do we ever know if we have enough batteries to keep a amp happy :)

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

NO CAPS! Pun intended lol. Dont run a cap tho. Sell it and use the money towards another battery. I have heard tho if you have ENOUGH batteyr power that running a cap can actually be a good thing. But when do we ever know if we have enough batteries to keep a amp happy :)

Yeah...I am trading a jl 500 to get a diablo audio hellfire 1000... the cap seemed to help with the 500 amp but just did not know if it would help with the 1000.

I do plan on getting another battery after SB nationals 2009. Rookie class competitors can only have one battery.

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

I have a yellow top battery up front and my car has a factory 130-140 amp alt. I have 0 Awg wire for power and on the "big 3".

Thanks

You have the perfect setup to use that cap.

Read the bold text in my sig to understand.

It might just help out with tighting up your bass or help make your full range amp sound alittle cleaner and crisper.

Unless someone whats to give you $100 to $150 for it towards a new battery its worth keeping and useing or keep it and add a second battery.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

You have the perfect setup to use that cap.

Read the bold text in my sig to understand.

It might just help out with tighting up your bass or help make your full range amp sound alittle cleaner and crisper.

Unless someone whats to give you $100 to $150 for it towards a new battery its worth keeping and useing or keep it and add a second battery.

awesome...would it be a good idea for me to upgrade to a 5 f cap... while I am in the rookie class still?

Team Pure Pressure

I forgot to mention that if its not a music playing vehicle and just for burping I would stay away from a small cap.

They discharge too fast.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

awesome...would it be a good idea for me to upgrade to a 5 f cap... while I am in the rookie class still?

That depends on what its going to cost you.

If its more than $100 I would say no.

Terryswork001.png

I forgot to mention that if its not a music playing vehicle and just for burping I would stay away from a small cap.

They discharge too fast.

no burps.....playing music...daily and comp. I can probably find a cap for under 100 I think. Internet is wonderful sometimes.

Team Pure Pressure

no burps.....playing music...daily and comp. I can probably find a cap for under 100 I think. Internet is wonderful sometimes.

Sounds good.

Just remember and understand what that one rule is and means in my sig and I don't feel a propper sized cap would ever do anyone wrong.

Terryswork001.png