Sonic Electronix

hey man I wasn't knocking you only asking. I would def use a cap even if I had a 20wrms sub if I got it for free. Also, I really doubt that sub is seeing 350wrms with what...I'm guessing a 50 oz magnet. I don't know too much about sealed boxes bc IMO ported is way better and I've only had one sealed box and it was for like 3 days and I built a new ported one. All I know is, I was blowin' Kicker cvr12's that are rated 400wrms with a 500wrms amp left and right.

I may be a total newb at this shit but i dont no if it matters the size of the magnet or anything. Doesnt the amp put out an equal amount of power to any sub. It just depends on the quility of sub to produce bass. Cuase ive always thought the amp will put out 350 watts rms even with a 20 watt rms speaker. Thats how speakers get blown.

And even if im wrong wich i probably am. This amp/sub put out a very nice punch. It hits every low and i can even pull off a small hair trick wit the ladies lol. :)

Edited by civichatch

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

I may be a total newb at this shit but i dont no if it matters the size of the magnet or anything. Doesnt the amp put out an equal amount of power to any sub. It just depends on the quility of sub to produce bass. Cuase ive always thought the amp will put out 350 watts rms even with a 20 watt rms speaker. Thats how speakers get blown.

Yeah the amp is capable I'm sure, but theres no way a p1 can handle 350wrms and if they can I'm on my way to go buy a couple p3's.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

damn I paid $200 for my POS sony amp and it wont even get down to 2 ohms...well it will, but thats why its currently being rebuilt by sony.

Ya my cuzin has bought sony amps. And many of them are no longer working. And ive heard they dont put out nearly as much power as they say they do. For amps ide either go MTX or Rockford. So far ive been pleased by both companies.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

And even if im wrong wich i probably am. This amp/sub put out a very nice punch. It hits every low and i can even pull off a small hair trick wit the ladies lol. :)

My sub is way louder than yours and I can't do hair tricks so please tell me your secret. Maybe if you have your sub in a chevy aveo.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Yeah the amp is capable I'm sure, but theres no way a p1 can handle 350wrms and if they can I'm on my way to go buy a couple p3's.

i can almost garuntee that p1 is seeing 350 watts. Im pushing this thing to its limits and you can tell that its giving all its got. Heres a vid to prove that this p1 does kick some serios ass for teh price. (by the way i got the sub for free to haha) dum best buy only charged me for the sub box and not the sub that came in it. haha.

http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s193/bi...kingDAclock.flv

http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s193/bi...NGonboard-1.flv

o and its in a civic hatchback. Smaller then an aveo. The hole rear end of the car is laced in sound deadening.

It may not be the most impressive system, But like i said its perfect for me. Considering im only 16 and make 8.50 an hour lol.

Heres a pic of the rear end of the car. Wen the hatch is closed and the board is on top it acts like a port. There is tons of air flying out of there and since the car is so small it helps.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s193/bi...1/mybass043.jpg

Edited by civichatch

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

and also i was reading you have one 12. Wat 12 is it??

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

i can almost garuntee that p1 is seeing 350 watts. Im pushing this thing to its limits and you can tell that its giving all its got. Heres a vid to prove that this p1 does kick some serios ass for teh price. (by the way i got the sub for free to haha) dum best buy only charged me for the sub box and not the sub that came in it. haha.

http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s193/bi...kingDAclock.flv

http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s193/bi...NGonboard-1.flv

o and its in a civic hatchback. Smaller then an aveo. The hole rear end of the car is laced in sound deadening.

It may not be the most impressive system, But like i said its perfect for me. Considering im only 16 and make 8.50 an hour lol.

Heres a pic of the rear end of the car. Wen the hatch is closed and the board is on top it acts like a port. There is tons of air flying out of there and since the car is so small it helps.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s193/bi...1/mybass043.jpg

Dude I hope you bought the warranty on that sub bc its gonna fry if you keep playing it like taht. If you think youre bumpin now, build yourself a ported box, tune it to 30hz, and then start thanking me. Ported boxes hit on a whole new level.

All in all though...I am impressed with what your doing with one p1 in a sealed box. My sub would destroy that board though.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

and also i was reading you have one 12. Wat 12 is it??

Power acoustic FUBAR 12

800wrms

200oz magnet.

So by your standards it can easily handle 1200wrms but I won't be trying that any time soon.

I built my own box its about 2 cubic feet just for the sub with another .75 cubic feet of port area. Its tuned around 30hz and it blows my mind. Its not doing anything right now though bc I fucked up my amp playin it at 2 ohms when its not 2 ohm stable.

Edited by 07mazda3s

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz