Second Skin Audio

Lvl4xl 18's Need Box/port Info

alright got 2 xl 18 going in suburban behind 3rd row got about 13-16 cu ft. this will be my first setup with these subs and i wanna know what they like as far as box and port size he will ahve a soundigitak 8k on them probably tuned kinda low bout 30-32hz and its gotta slam someone with experience with these would be sweet thanks in advance

You have tons of room!

Do Subs up port back with a slot, 15 square inches of port per cubic foot.

My Personal opinion is that if you have to sacrifice a few cubic feet to keep the port away from the hatch and the woofers away from the roof it is worth it.

:hairtrick:

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

We did 14cubic foot with four 6" round ports. box was long and low and went from the B pillar to 6" from the hatch in an explorer and did a 152.2

then did one behind the middle row 4.5cuft each with 17sqin of port per cuft sub up +port up and did a 151+

This is all on ~3k-3.5kw

I'd say keep it as close to the height of the seat as possible, sub up port back for some boomage

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Archived