Battery Question

might be a noob question to ask but never really worked with 16v batterys befor so

question is is it safe to run 16v batterys in car/truck as both main and backup battery? safe as in the car/truck could handle the extra 1.5-2volts?

i'm guessing it would be ok but would like to double check and make sure

no, its going to be charging at 18-19.2 volts

batteries will sit at like 16 and change, but the 16v alt will charge them closer to 19 (just like how a 12v alt charges at like 14-14.6)

18 and some volts will fry your shit, you need either a transformer to step down to 12ish volts to the fusebox, or a kinetik type with the extra post for 12, or dual alts and run 2 separate systems

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

no, its going to be charging at 18-19.2 volts

batteries will sit at like 16 and change, but the 16v alt will charge them closer to 19 (just like how a 12v alt charges at like 14-14.6)

18 and some volts will fry your shit, you need either a transformer to step down to 12ish volts to the fusebox, or a kinetik type with the extra post for 12, or dual alts and run 2 separate systems

cool thanks for the info, all that idea its getting tossed out the window lol

just trying to up my volts to about 14.5 constant right now with engine running i'm running 13.92-13.98 at idle and 14.2 about at 3000 rpm, would the high out put alt help this? i got price for 300amp alt and plan on getting it soon as i can afford it. trying to get my power system all nice befor i add anymore audio :)

Archived