What Would You Do?

Which would you do?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you do?

• 4x 15s
    • 6x 12s
    • 8x 10s
    • 8x 8s

Ya that probably wouldnt be very good, I like to have about 5-6 inches of clearance in front of my ports.

I say do 9 12's of the same sub, just take off the last far right row of 3, then you will have that area for a port

Eh ..odd numbers..no can do lmao. Maybe 10x 10s..8 on the face ..2 inverted on top ..one on each side of the top and port in the middle?

Eh ..odd numbers..no can do lmao. Maybe 10x 10s..8 on the face ..2 inverted on top ..one on each side of the top and port in the middle?

That sounds like a good idea.

Edit: What amp is gonna be powering them, from what I can see you are gonna need multiple amps.

Actually no you dont if you can find an amp that wont mind a possible .8 ohm load you will be fine if you get the Dual 4 ohm models.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Still going with the ten 8's. Shoot, maybe you could squeeze 12 in there? and then subs forward port up.

Well..i should be able to fit 10x 8s on the front with port up no prob..But i should also be able to put 8 10s on front and 2 on top and still have room for the port..I wont be 100% on the 10x10s till i draw it out tho. Only prob is i cant find many 8s id wanna use. The RE..Re10s seem nice..perfect wattage..they take 175wrms..id put 1500 to 10 of em = 150 each..and they only require .65-1 cube each. And i can get 10 of em for 475$ shipped!

That works. BUT (still gonna try and sell ya on those eights lol) the E8's you mentioned are good from what I've heard, and DD makes an eight, not sure what it is, but I saw a car at school with four of them and they are LOUD, lemme tell ya!

Too many projects, too little time...

That works. BUT (still gonna try and sell ya on those eights lol) the E8's you mentioned are good from what I've heard, and DD makes an eight, not sure what it is, but I saw a car at school with four of them and they are LOUD, lemme tell ya!

Oh ya i know the DD 8s get loud but this is more of a budget build and those DD8s get pricey..when ur buying 10..

For now..ill be using my old hifonics BX1500D ..at 1 ohm with the right electrical shuld get 1500 to em. But i will prob invest in a better more solid amp down the road. And just drew it out. The 10x 10s wont work. Ports wont fit on the top unless i do a slot port which might take up too much area.

Edited by kfx450r

Alright here we go again. Couldnt fit the PVC ports so i went ahead with a slot port and boy is it huge. Before the port..the volume COUNTING the sub displacements..is 12.2 cubes. The port is 22"x7" for around 150ish sq inches of port. And the port would be around 10-12 inches long. Not sure how much space thatd take up but as long as it doesnt take up more than 2.2 cubes im good. Here it is. Im likin this one ;)

untitled-9.jpg

I like. Lol seriously though, this looks like a good one.

+1

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Well ive got plenty of time..wont have the cash to complete it for atleast 2 months most likely..Maybe 1 if im lucky..But if all goes well..You'll be seeing a build log soon enuff :)

Problem now is..how do i brace this. Also if any one wants to be nice and let me know how many cubes a 22x7" port at about 10-12" long will take up? The box is 12.2 before the port. For bracing i will double baffle the front..which will take up some more area..ive never used resin but i guess ill have to learn, and resin most of the inside if not all of it. And I guess some bolts.