Sonic Electronix

dont know if this is the right place to post.. but i gotta bitch about some crap.

so Ive been into car audio for about 4 years now. i redo my stuff all the time, i install for friends, and last week i did a boat install. All while doin this my neighbors see me, they know wat im doin and they know im good at it.

So about a week ago im talking to my neighbor and he said hes gettin a system, about 2 days ago they start working, im out messin with my car too like always and i see them looking in the trunk, playin under the hood, messin with the dash. and i start wondering i wonder if they ask for my help. cuz i always like to help ppl with their systems, specially when i know they dont know wat they are doin, like my neighbor. So that day goes by i get home from work and see they are still workin on it. so i just laugh to myself. the next mornin i get out i see them still workin and i start on my car again. finally at the end of the day i see subs next to the car. but thats all. today i work on my car again and see them out, still workin. so i laugh to myself again, because its so easy to ask me for help, ( its his dad that refuses too, i guess he's ashamed that i know more about it then him,.. idk). I leave for work come back, im hangin out with my ex and say, "look over there, theyve been trying to put that in for a few days now as still havent finished" and we both laugh. about 30 mins ago she leaves and i say to myself im gonna go over and see how far they are, cuz i started to hear some music but no bass.

I get over there, the kids mom says ive been telling them to go get you,.. I look in the car, is just the wiring thats done. so i thought. i got back to the trunk and tell his dad ive got an oscope to tune the amp better, he says ohk cool. then i see wires goin to the amp. 12 gauge speaker wire, 10 gauge power and ground, and it looked like 12 gauge for the remote turn on. i couldnt tell how the subs were wired but ill check tomorrow when i help tune it... if they actually ask. But i ask his dad," Is that 10 gauge power wire?" he said yea, its 10 and we have it connected to the battery with vice grips right now too.( i hope its temporary) I tell him, you should get some bigger power wire for that. Ill let the amp get more power. He looks at me like im a dumby and says i know, i know,.. but he dont need anymore power for it. I just look way and sigh. I think the amp is a memphis 500 watt amp so i guess it will work, but it could be better. he also had the remote lead vice gripped to the battery too. i told him about the remote turn on wire coming out of the radio.. so thats where its hooked up now.

the car is a mustang that had a factory sub and amp for the sub. He still has that hooked up too. i guess it could work for a little midbass, but idk where its crossed over at. its already got factory components in the doors that have good midbass. i tell him it may sound better to unhook those, but he said no again.

so i guess thats my bitchin for today. its full of grammatical errors and unpunctuated sentences. but thats how it came out of my head... and im sure im right on most of the things i bitched about too. anyone else know any dumb ppl like this, that refuse help from a knowledgeble person??

It should probably go in off topic, but anyways I know what you are saying, some people are just too stubborn to ask for help, and I hope that he takes you advice about the wiring he should at least have 8 guage for 500 watts, but 4 guage wouldnt hurt, cause everybody ends up upgrading LOL.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

My brother is like that. Thinks his Dual 12's (the bandpass box thing) and Pioneer 760 (that looks to be older than me) are the loudest things ever, running off Scosche 8 gauge (seriously looks like 10 gauge) power and ground, run through where there's that little hole between the fender and the door, and a mess everywhere. Doesn't get why I built a ported box for my subs because "it'll just break them." Oh, and the Power Acoustik amp that is on its way soon is going to blow my subs cuz its a 2000w and they're 900watt subs, according to him (as it will be wired it will be 600 watts RMS from amp to 600RMS rated subs). Doesn't get why anyone would want a 4-channel amp, or why they would buy components.

...Irony is, for the price he paid for HU, subs, amp, and wires, I have an almost-complete system, from HU to wiring to cabin speakers, subs, amp and box. All that's left is a 4-channel and/or high-passes for the doors (oh, yeah, those are a bad idea too. :01nocomment8so: )

Too many projects, too little time...

hmm vicegrips good idea... did he even use fuses? just think people do this sort of stuff everyday around the world.

I also know what you mean, my buddy didnt ask for my help and I looked at his set-up not a fuse to be found 8 guage connected to the battery via mashing it under the connection to the post, ran out the hood through the door opening(where the door closes) ran on top of the carpet, to his amp(some off brand 2000 watt amp) it was sliding around the trunk floor, then grounded with 12 guage speaker wire to the trunk lid via wedging it in one of the holes with a screw, all powering a pair of Xplods, Hah beat that.

That weekend I helped him redo everything alot cleaner and alot safer.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I also know what you mean, my buddy didnt ask for my help and I looked at his set-up not a fuse to be found 8 guage connected to the battery via mashing it under the connection to the post, ran out the hood through the door opening(where the door closes) ran on top of the carpet, to his amp(some off brand 2000 watt amp) it was sliding around the trunk floor, then grounded with 12 guage speaker wire to the trunk lid via wedging it in one of the holes with a screw, all powering a pair of Xplods, Hah beat that.

That weekend I helped him redo everything alot cleaner and alot safer.

well he did have the remote turn on running through the window when he had it wired straight to the battery. hes also got the factory amp and the new amp both on top of the box where it looks like it will be touchin the trunk lid. the amps were screwed to the sub box, but the sub box isnt bolted down.

wow....there is some ugly stuff in this there lol. I foresee fried audio equipment in the future :D . Hate it when people have such big egos and too much pride to just ask for help from someone that knows what they are doing. Oh well, just grab a drink, pull up a chair, and enjoy the show I guess.

15xtrur.png

Check out my build and the band Like We Always Do!

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

i would be more worried about a car fire, the equipment id much easier to replace than an entire car.

Go to this kid when daddy isnt around and lay it out to him.

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)