Battry Install

Newb here. Im thinking of getting a rear battery in my tahoe. I've done the big 3 in 1/0.Some people tell me to run the positive wire from front batt. Others say run it from from my alt to rear batt. For grounding some say go from negative on front batt to negative on rear batt. Some say ground to the chassis. Some say get an isolator and relay. What am I really suppose to do and do I really need an isolater and relay. What do they do

Newb here. Im thinking of getting a rear battery in my tahoe. I've done the big 3 in 1/0.Some people tell me to run the positive wire from front batt. Others say run it from from my alt to rear batt. For grounding some say go from negative on front batt to negative on rear batt. Some say ground to the chassis. Some say get an isolator and relay. What am I really suppose to do and do I really need an isolater and relay. What do they do

i always heard to runn + from front to + on the rear then - to - is you have sub frame car or for full fram car you can ground it on the frame at each battery then fuse at the front battery and fuse off the rear to the amp. as far as it if the best way to do it thats depens on the set up i guess and who you talk to. personaly i have it ground on fame since i have full frame front to rear + from front batt to the rear. just gives you one idea i'm sure others will have more ideas, just don't forget your going to want 3 fuses one between alt and front batt, one between front batt and rear batt, and one between rear batt and amp, this protect all wires from nasty shorts and much as you can :)

like he said

+ of front batt to rear batt

- of rear batt to chassis (or back to front batt if ur crazy and doing mad alts and batts and power and tons of runs of 0g)

fuse WITHIN A FOOT of front batt + terminal , same in rear if you so chose (so both batts are protected

fuse between amp and batt isnt so important since most every amp is fused, if its not then use a fuse (obviously...and it will say in the amp's instructions to do so as well)

fuse between alt an front batt is reccomended as well, but in some cases its not necessary (say your charging line is like 6inches long...fuse is there incase of an accident breaking wire and creating a short, or something of that sort)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

for max protection of a short it wouldn't be a bad idea to fuse the + wire at front and rear, some try to use smallest amounts of fuses they can but think of it this way more fuses you have at each major power point that less of a chance you get a short and possibly start a fire. i know it seem like a bit much but i think we all seen pics of cars catching fire cuz of a short or fuse didn't blow. better to be safe then sorry and as far as my understanding is a fuse doesn't deminish the power being put out at all. someone that know more might prove that wrong but thats my outlook atleast.

Archived