DC Sound Lab

pioneer deh-1700, i think its an 05 model.

im going to replace it with a new premier 880 though, or something with 5v preouts...

hahaha yup. same problem domo had. Its though Pioneer HUs. What you need to do is ground your RCAs. Simple fix. Just wrap some wire around the base of the RCA jacks. Done :D

15xtrur.png

Check out my build and the band Like We Always Do!

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

hahaha yup. same problem domo had. Its though Pioneer HUs. What you need to do is ground your RCAs. Simple fix. Just wrap some wire around the base of the RCA jacks. Done :D

Thanks for stealing my glory ass. I was going to tell him that :aggressive:

likewealwaysbanner.jpg

doindadomodance.gif

to be specific to Gibbs post, just grab some remote wire, wrap around the RCA's and just ground it to the back of the HU. I found a screw what was conveniently placed =D

How did you figure this out? I bought a DEH-P7000BT like a month ago and I have been going back and forth with Pioneer about the same noise since I got it. First, they said it was my grounds then it was my RCAs. Next, they said it was my amps (all of them). The last thing was to bring the radio to the repair shop who, of course, couldn't find anything wrong. I just went and tried the ground on the RCA and you are right the noise is gone. Thanks so much.

Sorry I don't mean to hijack your thread.

Edited by Blue_C1500

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

How did you figure this out? I bought a DEH-P7000BT like a month ago and I have been going back and forth with Pioneer about the same noise since I got it. First, they said it was my grounds then it was my RCAs. Next, they said it was my amps (all of them). The last thing was to bring the radio to the repair shop who, of course, couldn't find anything wrong. I just went and tried the ground on the RCA and you are right the noise is gone. Thanks so much.

You're welcome =D

likewealwaysbanner.jpg

doindadomodance.gif

its called, "we spent hours working on his build (the one in domo's video; old build now) and getting pissed off because the sub kept going nuts with 0 volume" mr p stepped in and said, "it's a pioneer deck, they are known for ground loop noise" or something to that effect lolz. He wired in a ground to the RCAs on the back of the headunit and bang, noise gone.

15xtrur.png

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

thanks domo AND gibbs, lol. noise=dead.

sorry about slo progress, pics will be up later this week...

no problem bro. that's what the forum is for right? :P

now then.....PICS AND VIDS NOOOOW!!!!!! :D

15xtrur.png