Btl Spl!

Justin

Ok I have a way beter Idea of what I need to make. But know I am getting people saying bigger box high tunning and some saying smaller box high tunning. If someone is interested in desighning a box for me let me know. Please know what needs to be done for the most out put for the sub. I am looking for no more than a spl desighn. This is going in a 06 malibu

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 hertz high energy 6.5s comps

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

if you're gonna just build for fart you have to do exactly that. build and rebuild. i don't think there's any way around that. you might get lucky the first time. then, you'll think to yourself, "what if i do this?" until you try it yourself, anybody can say whatever they like. no offense to anyon, but something that might work in your car might not work in another.

btw, i do 148 flat on single btl 12 at 52 hertz on 2 rockford 20001bd's. one each dual 2 ohm coil.

1. Do a sweep on a sub in a sealed enclosure to find your vehicles resonant frequency (what frequency this test peaks at)

2. Either find a box tuning calculator or get someone to design a box tuned to a few hz lower than resonant.

-Make it a smaller box, either the lowest recommended or even smaller.

-Use a big ass amount of port area

3. Wire it all up, and set gains properly, it is crucial not to clip in this type of setup.

4. Make sure you don't play anything set below your tuning, especially if it is really high, as you will unload the woofer and end up needing a recone.

5. Make pics and vids of result.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Archived