DC Sound Lab

Thor DC lvl 5 Build/SPL XL Log/ New Pics up

So on a brisk Sat evening I get together with my Psycho friends to play around with the Taramps 20k.

We drive out to the back of some factory parking lot and take advantage of the street light and get to work.

One of the things we were warned about was not letting the amp see 15v so that means my car cant be running. darn lol

We burped it several times but unfortunately the voltage drops kept sending it into protect. What we were able to see was 8600-8800 voltage starting at 13.4 droping to 10.8. This was with the amp starting with a nominal load of .5 and rising to 1.6-1.7.

IMG00160.jpg

So with car off the Taramps was putting out more than my Stetsom with the car running. In the next few weeks were gonna get together again and do some testing at 2ohm and see if we can find better efficiency that way. I should also have my new alt with external regulater as well to give it a supplied 14.4.

We burped it 8-10 times and Frank Jr. holds up like a Champion. No signs of stress on the weakened surround. Goop for the win!

You can pick it up at home depot it is 5 bucks a tube and they have. Automotive,plumbing,and general use goop.

your a goop adict man your going to end up having to go to ga meetings lol

i went and got me some the other day after you told me about it thanks for the tip

mobile chornobyl

i have been reading this thread kind of hit skip for a couple months now love your pics and vidio work i dont remember seeing where you have burnt many coils maybe just one is that right or did i miss some.

mobile chornobyl

i have been reading this thread kind of hit skip for a couple months now love your pics and vidio work i dont remember seeing where you have burnt many coils maybe just one is that right or did i miss some.

I only damaged 1 coil and that was from a bad recone on my part lol Part of the learning process. Lvl 5 10's cant be reconed with the push terminals in place lol It just wouldnt center right but hey day before Finals glue it up and do damage! :spiteful:

The vidz I took in my avi was that very recone job. Even rubbing I didnt kill it!