Sundown Audio

Amp Installation Mistake (help)

bigg_will

So yesterday i hooked up my friends subs and amp and it worked fine. it turned on and off with the head unit (i connected the remote correctly). today after he got off work, his car was dead. he has a brand new battery and a brand new alternator. i dont know what i did wrong... do you guys know what it could be?

thanks in advance

will

2002 Chevy Blazer 2 door

1-18" Fi BTL, 1 T2000.1bd, 8 ft box before displacement tuned to 33Hz, Big 3 done in 1/0

Havent been metered yet

well the fuse is about a foot from the battery, but if a short is possibly the problem, could it be a bad connection from the ground from the amp?- i just twisted the ground wire from the amp to the chassis and i was having problems with it while we were listening to it- the amp would stop getting power all the sudden and we would hook it up again and it would work fine.

i didnt fully hook everything up yet (everything is temporarily hooked up) because hes buying it from me and he doesnt know if his parents are gonna let him buy them..

im sorry about this being so long :unsure:

2002 Chevy Blazer 2 door

1-18" Fi BTL, 1 T2000.1bd, 8 ft box before displacement tuned to 33Hz, Big 3 done in 1/0

Havent been metered yet

nahh i dont think your ground wire is the problem, unless its cutting into another wire, but you would see that instantly. now you said his car is totatly dead, as in he cant even drive it, right? i mean you also said he got a new alternator and battery, maybe somthing got messed up on that install. but usually when a car is totaly dead, a fuse is the main problem. either a main fuse that controls the a part of the engine blew (which would be part of the fuses under the hood) or a fuse didnt blow when it needed and somthing far worse happened (melted wire) but i doubt thats the problem. when u have the time jus check out all the fuses.

i doubt a fuse could be the problem. seems like he mightve been playing it with the car off possibly? some people that just get into audio dont realize you cant play it with the car off.

i asked him that same question and he said that he hadnt had the subs on without the car on. i also checked all the fuses and they were alright. what i did was re-install everything and so far its working okay. im waiting on tomorrow to see if it dies again, but i think that its going to be fine.

thanks for the help.

2002 Chevy Blazer 2 door

Havent been metered yet

Archived