Sonic Electronix

Also while I am at it... I have a volt meter on my battery and with my stereo off I idle at 13.6v and when I have the stereo on full tilt it fluctuates from 13.6v to 12.6v but never lower then 12.6v. Now would it be recommended to upgrade the alternator in this instance or not. My factory alternator put out 130amp stock. I was thinking of getting a 200amp alt but with this info would you think that it would still be necessary?

haha cool, my brother went to Bradley a few years ago and my other brother is currently at ISU, which is about 45 minutes away from you i think

yep exactly right... 45 minutes away.

Also while I am at it... I have a volt meter on my battery and with my stereo off I idle at 13.6v and when I have the stereo on full tilt it fluctuates from 13.6v to 12.6v but never lower then 12.6v. Now would it be recommended to upgrade the alternator in this instance or not. My factory alternator put out 130amp stock. I was thinking of getting a 200amp alt but with this info would you think that it would still be necessary?

you shouldnt need a new alternator for <1000rms. get a battery to put in the trunk, but make sure its SEALED and not a normal battery that you would put under your hood. an example of a sealed battery would be the whole optima battery line.

Yea I have been looking at them kinetic battery's.. also when you tune a box for instance you gave the dimensions for a box tuned to 33hz.. what would the range of that box be?

will it hit hard from 33hz to 80 hz?

Yea I have been looking at them kinetic battery's.. also when you tune a box for instance you gave the dimensions for a box tuned to 33hz.. what would the range of that box be?

will it hit hard from 33hz to 80 hz?

i dont know if it will hit to 80hz, but it will play it. it should peak (be the loudest) around the 40hz range and then drop down a little, then be consistent for a band of frequencies.

if you want a flat response (all freq the same loudness) from 33hz to 80hz, your gonna have to make a much more complicated box than this. theres a bunch of people on here that can design them...i just know how to make standard boxes like this

Edited by Krannyman92

Now the Rockford Fosgate Site said that the tuning Frequency for a P2 12" Sub is 39hz.. If I tune a box for 33hz will it do damage to the sub?

Now the Rockford Fosgate Site said that the tuning Frequency for a P2 12" Sub is 39hz.. If I tune a box for 33hz will it do damage to the sub?

no. alot of audio sites recommend tuning the sub boxes really high since not alot of people listen to low rap music like chopped and screwed stuff. that, and they want something really loud at a high frequency.

a sub will not be damaged by tuning lower than the manufacturer states. its only harmful to a sub (any sub) if you go BELOW the tuning frequency of the box without a sub sonic filter set correctly.

ahhh.. OK

So as long as the box is tuned correctly you have no problems... correct?

so could I tune the box to 28hz and be safe?

no. alot of audio sites recommend tuning the sub boxes really high since not alot of people listen to low rap music like chopped and screwed stuff. that, and they want something really loud at a high frequency.

a sub will not be damaged by tuning lower than the manufacturer states. its only harmful to a sub (any sub) if you go BELOW the tuning frequency of the box without a sub sonic filter set correctly.

So what you are saying that if I continue to bank some zz top - my heads in Mississippi which parts of the song are tuned at 33hz but my box is tuned to lets say 50hz then I could damage my sub