Sonic Electronix

I think I will build a box tomorrow then... I want that low end.

Originally I thought I was not getting the low end because I did not have a power series sub.. that it had something to do with the size of the magnet on the sub...

So is the size of the magnet on the sub kinda determine the RMS wattage?

Excuse me if some of the questions seem stupid :)

I think I will build a box tomorrow then... I want that low end.

Originally I thought I was not getting the low end because I did not have a power series sub.. that it had something to do with the size of the magnet on the sub...

So is the size of the magnet on the sub kinda determine the RMS wattage?

Excuse me if some of the questions seem stupid :)

the size of the magnet usually comes into play with how much power the subwoofer can handle. but its usually all apart of eachother...meaning that the voice coil, spider system (little riggity things that look like ruffles chips), surround, and motor assembly come into play in how much power a sub can handle.

if you look at, lets say a sony xplod. notice how the magnet is decently small, and its kinda soft when pressing down on the cone.

and if you take, lets say an Fi BTL (big difference i know). but the magnet weighs the same or a little more of what the xplod weighs all together. people have told me that if you try to press down on the btl's cone with all your might, that it barely moves.

all of that...and its pretty easy to spot how much power a sub can take just by looking at it.

Edited by Krannyman92

not exactly... it all kinda just falls hand in hand... normally the more powerhandling the larger the magnet...... but in your case i believe its just box tuning.... if ive said it once ive said it a million times... the enclosure will make or break a system....

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

I try not to push or pull on anything too hard.. it usually breaks. :)

One draw back to power lifting.

Broke a head bolt off in one of my cars before.. pain in the butt to have to drill it out and re-thread it. (before I knew about easy outs)

The FI BTL sub magnet looks a lot bigger then a Sony Xplod sub.. At least the one I have sitting in my garage.

I would love to get a FI BTL.. but that would require a lot more upgrades.... I happy with a little bump right now.

eventually I would like to go to car shows again, those were always fun. and to get to see all the talent 1st hand was awesome.

Edited by Hotdog

How is this for a Box... The Idea was to have it snug against the sides so it wont slide back and forth.

MyBoxDesign.jpg

Edited by Hotdog

Should be able to read this better

MyBoxDesign2.jpg

It would be firing Up Port back.. as from what I have read that is the best for an SUV

Edited by Hotdog

One last question.. before I start to build

Rockford Fosgate Site has a recommended ported enclosure of 1.79

Rec. Vented Enclosure 1.79 cu. ft. (50.69 liters)

If I make the enclosure 2.0cu.ft. Per sub will it have an adverse effect on the subs since it is not within specs.. or would 2.0 be alright.

Or is it still all in the tuning?

Edited by Hotdog

One last question.. before I start to build

Rockford Fosgate Site has a recommended ported enclosure of 1.79

Rec. Vented Enclosure 1.79 cu. ft. (50.69 liters)

If I make the enclosure 2.0cu.ft. Per sub will it have an adverse effect on the subs since it is not within specs.. or would 2.0 be alright.

Or is it still all in the tuning?

going over the recommended box size is perfectly fine. it wont have any adverse effects on the sub. im running a 10" type R in a 2.0cuft box (twice over what alpine recommends) but it still sounds very nice.

Edited by Krannyman92