Sonic Electronix

yes, with a proper alt and front bat, i believe a single 2400 will work. But I would upgrade to an HO alt asap if i was you. Just to get that extra power so not as much stress on batt. what amp are we talking about also?

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

I love Kinetik. I have the Kinetik 2000 and 800 and wouldn't have anything else.

YEAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Let's get em

4 JL Audio 12w6's (wall)

4 Pioneer 6x9's (built into the wall)

4 Memphis 6.5's components (one set in kick panel and one set in the door)

Orion 2400 amp (old long black amp)

Orion 800.4 amp

Mechman 250 amp rhino series alternator

0 guage everywhere

Kinetik 2000 for bass

Kinetik 800 for highs

Memphis Digital Processor

147.1 db @60 hertz

there is a big difference in using batts that were designed to be fast discharge. Kinetik Batteries are prolly the most used in car audio. I have run them for 4 years now and wouldnt use anything else (maybe powermaster, but xtra $$$). The optima is not a bad battery, but the kinetik is much better. depending on what vehicle you have, i would buy a kinetik that fits under your hood properly, and a 2400 for the trunk, run 0 gauge to connect them. Also look into a high output alternator, i have always used ohio generator, but there are many good brands out there.

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)

there is a big difference in using batts that were designed to be fast discharge. Kinetik Batteries are prolly the most used in car audio. I have run them for 4 years now and wouldnt use anything else (maybe powermaster, but xtra $$$). The optima is not a bad battery, but the kinetik is much better. depending on what vehicle you have, i would buy a kinetik that fits under your hood properly, and a 2400 for the trunk, run 0 gauge to connect them. Also look into a high output alternator, i have always used ohio generator, but there are many good brands out there.

I have a dodge magnum, and I replaced the stock batt with a yellow top optima (D31A) and was looking to use kinetik for just the amp...kinda sounds like this is what I should do....