Sundown Audio

Opinions On Hifonics Brutus Amps

Florida heat

Iv'e been looking for a while now and due to my lack of in-experience with ampifiers in general i want to make sure that im buying the best bang for my buck on a budget. im going to run a fully loaded FI BTL 18" and im just not sure on what amp i should get. please drop your opinions and help me out as much as you think is necessary. Ive been looking at the hifonics brutus amps but ive heard good and bad things about them. they only truely interest me becuase of the price but like i said i need some true knowledge as to what is a good buy and what isnt. if you have any suggestions on different amps please feel free to inform me

4 sets of JL vr (discontinued) 6.5 components

4 JL wo 15"

2 JL/J2 1000.1

Alpine v power 400x4

Kenwood h/u

all in a hyundai :)

one thing to know is that they are over rated

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

one thing to know is that they are over rated

not being a dick but why so you say they're overrated?? did you have a bad experience with them or what ya gotta let me know!!!

4 JL wo 15"

2 JL/J2 1000.1

Alpine v power 400x4

Kenwood h/u

no not that

but just about everyone on here will tell you they are about 20% over rated

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

Great amps as long as your give them the amperage at higher voltages. Keep the voltage up & make sure that your electrical is up to par, and for my .02 you can't beat them for the money.

I have 3 1600 Brutus amps and I love them.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Great amps as long as your give them the amperage at higher voltages. Keep the voltage up & make sure that your electrical is up to par, and for my .02 you can't beat them for the money.

I have 3 1600 Brutus amps and I love them.

yeah i plan on getting a higher output alt. and an extra battery for the juice so it shouldnt be so bad

4 JL wo 15"

2 JL/J2 1000.1

Alpine v power 400x4

Kenwood h/u

i thought they rated their amps at 16v?

couldnt really tell you man i need all the help i can get when it comes to stuff like this

4 JL wo 15"

2 JL/J2 1000.1

Alpine v power 400x4

Kenwood h/u

not being a dick but why so you say they're overrated?? did you have a bad experience with them or what ya gotta let me know!!!

overrated as in the power rating is overrated. I ran the BXi608d and currently I'm running the BXi1606d. Great amps.

15xtrur.png

Check out my build and the band Like We Always Do!

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Archived