Ever have one of those days? Stuck on the same damn job all day long, cant figure it out?

Okay, so I do industrial appliance repair, cooking equipment. Today I went to a service call where I was following up on a previous un-finished service call.

1st service call, the tech ordered the wrong part,

so I came back diagnosed it, found the heating element was bad (which it was, and is a 210ft long wire heating element)

ordered part, part came in, and I went out there today....

got there at 9am.....

The night mare begins

Honestly, these "Hot cases" are really easy, but its stationary, and I had no room to work in. Iam 6'2-300lbs, and I had to work in a cavity laying on my back for about 4.5hrs in a space that is about 14-16" tall, and about 48" wide

http://www.alto-shaam.com/product.asp?category=5

http://www.equipline.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=323

Cant really see any pictures but, there is a space right below the heating trays where I had to squeeze in

Okay first off, all the sheet metal panels are warped because the heating element had fallen on to the bottom piece at full temp and warped the metal, so taking the sheet metal panels off in these confined areas was a bitch

I knew this thing was filled with fiberglass because I worked on these before, and this one as well. This particular one had missing and broken screws everywhere

so, okay, 45mins, took the bottom panels out, now time to remove the fiberglass, dust and burned fiberglass everywhere, razor blades, and fiberglass insulation everywhere! (fiberglass turns to glass when actually melted)

so okay, why cant the heating element be like a regular home oven with a metal w shaped bi metal element? No this thing is 4 elements that are about 210-220ft of wire that gets hot, and radiates to the metal above (and below Now)

as you can imagine, at this point my face is 8- 10" from all the fiberglass dust constantly snowing on me while I'am there

I had to buy safety glasses and dust masks, of course that never works, because now the goggles fog up within 3 seconds, wtf??

okay, got the element hooked up after about 2-3hrs of laying on my back breathing fiberglass, rust, and asbestos probably!

Okay, on the service call for 4.5hrs now, check it out, it works, gets hot, and then cools down, and the t-stat light turns on and off, cool... wright up the service order, bounce to the office, and off to my other calls

Get to the office which is 40miles from my house, get a call that the damn hot case is smoking, and smelling- Dayumm

I had to call my other service calls, and tell them I will be there tomorrow

go back, and do the whole damn thing again, 4hrs this time, whooo hooo cut some time down

playing with it, it starts smoking on me, circuit breaker is popping off every now and then and then POOF!!!

little mushroom cloud

After 7hrs laying on my back, getting stepped on by cooks, and contorting my body to get a ratched 10inches to my left side, and then contort my body to get my crimper's for the ring terminals

7hrs just under there, not to mention all the other time adjusting, re assembling, testing, un assembling

Iam just beat man, cooking tech is supposed to be easy!!!!

Now Iam coughing, eyes are blurry, and , and dizzy - hell prob gonna die! I can barely breathe, about to bust out the inhaler :bad:

I look like a racoon, except my eyes are red, not black

I got to go back tomorrow- with another smaller tech this time

:shok:

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Damn that sucks man i dont know anything about that but i work at a grocery store lol and hate having to show people where something is that is not even close to what they want! I understand they cant find it but if they would have the common sense that dog food wont be where the produce is i wouldnt care!

i had one of those days too, i work for a saturn dealership here in socal, it's usually fucking slammed busy, and all i did today was fucking oil changes, i think 3 cars came in.. sucked ass

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details