Im getting a 2.2 ecotec rebuilt and i was wondering while they were at it what kind of mods they could do to it. I know a few exterior like cold air intake, turbo, supercharger but internally i dont know much. any help? Also what brands are good?

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Nobody knows what i can do? A friend mentioned forged pistons and lifters.

Do those as well as Forged Rods, especially if you are gonna add any type of boost I.E. Turbo, Supercharger, Nitrous. Also if you are gonna add a turbo/supercharger have them drop the compression ratio a little, but basically forged everything.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Do those as well as Forged Rods, especially if you are gonna add any type of boost I.E. Turbo, Supercharger, Nitrous. Also if you are gonna add a turbo/supercharger have them drop the compression ratio a little, but basically forged everything.

What does forged mean just more lightweight, heavy duty? Whats everything that i can get thats forged that i can integrate into the rebuild?

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

What does forged mean just more lightweight, heavy duty? Whats everything that i can get thats forged that i can integrate into the rebuild?

They are actually a little heavier usually, here is the basic difference between cast pistons(stock) and forged

Regular pistons are milled from a rough casting. The original metal is poured into a pattern, then cut on a lathe or milling machine to the final shape and dimensions.

Forging is a process of applying pressure to shape the metal, either with a hammer or press. The process applies stress to the metal grains, which adds considerable strength to the piece.

So basically Forging makes the metal less pourus, and alot more dense so while it may be slightly heavier, it withstands high pressure loads much better.

Edit: Forged internals is a must for boosted engines IMO, some cars can get away with low amounts of boost on stock internals, but dont handle very much over about 8psi.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

yeah the guy that i went to they said not to boost past 5 pounds. I thought i would go whatever i could to make the engine withstand it then later get the boost. This isnt going to be done until system is done lol. Music first then with the weight of the system ill need a few more horses to get movin. Will adding these parts make any performance gains unless i boost it? What are all the parts needed to do this type of build? Just forged pistons and rods...

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts