Sonic Electronix

Any Ideas How To Get More Out Of My Current Setup?

Yea i did install all my stuff thats about all i can handle. I know how to run the wire and hook it up when it comes to the technical finess stuff Im lost

lol i know what you mean. well i mean like i said you can wing it and make a guess but you run a high risk of it not sounding right if you don't know for sure. to figure ports and stuff to get the best sound quality you really need to know what its tuned at. or at least close to

lol i know what you mean. well i mean like i said you can wing it and make a guess but you run a high risk of it not sounding right if you don't know for sure. to figure ports and stuff to get the best sound quality you really need to know what its tuned at. or at least close to

Where would I even put the ports to make it sound the best it can. Also how do you figure out what a box you make yourself is tuned to. I paid no attention to that I just went to home depot and bought some mdf made some measurements so i would have just over a cubic foot and threw it together

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Where would I even put the ports to make it sound the best it can. Also how do you figure out what a box you make yourself is tuned to. I paid no attention to that I just went to home depot and bought some mdf made some measurements so i would have just over a cubic foot and threw it together

well under the seats you'd have to put them facing the back of the front seats but the center box you could do it pretty much wherever you want. i'm not real sure how to tune to boxes but i know once you know there are formulas to figure out your ports. you schould check out the12volt.com and look under calculators

Yea this is getting a little aggravating for me now I have been looking everywhere Jls site doesnt tell me what the woofers should be tuned to any information on the box I have wont say what its tuned to and I made the other box and dont know how to tune them

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

Yea this is getting a little aggravating for me now I have been looking everywhere Jls site doesnt tell me what the woofers should be tuned to any information on the box I have wont say what its tuned to and I made the other box and dont know how to tune them

yeah i can't find anything about them. is best buy really the only place around that does audio?

Alright I think Im going to try this real soon because i feel like if it sounds like shit it will be easy enough to seal the holes back up and be right back to where Im at now. But I just wanna know everyone thinks porting my boxes will make it noticeably louder?

anyone know if this sounds right, i went to the12volt and checked the port calculator. Gave my box size I will probably use 1.5 inch pvc because i have a bunch of it kickin around in my shed and it asks for the desired tuning frequency so I tried out 38 hz and 40 hz for the dual box it was saying about 2.5'' long and the single box just over 1.5'' long

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

yeah i can't find anything about them. is best buy really the only place around that does audio?

Yea within like an hour of me theres a couple best buys. there used to be 2 tweeters but they went bankrupt and there a little audio place in a ghetto part of a small city next to my town but they carry like lightning audio and dual maybe sony xplods so i dont think i trust them either its just a tiny hole in the wall place

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

Alright I think Im going to try this real soon because i feel like if it sounds like shit it will be easy enough to seal the holes back up and be right back to where Im at now. But I just wanna know everyone thinks porting my boxes will make it noticeably louder?

anyone know if this sounds right, i went to the12volt and checked the port calculator. Gave my box size I will probably use 1.5 inch pvc because i have a bunch of it kickin around in my shed and it asks for the desired tuning frequency so I tried out 38 hz and 40 hz for the dual box it was saying about 2.5'' long and the single box just over 1.5'' long

yeah thats pretty much it. what you should do is cut a longer piece and move it in and out to where you think it sounds the best, mark it and cut it.

yeah thats pretty much it. what you should do is cut a longer piece and move it in and out to where you think it sounds the best, mark it and cut it.

How do you secure the port into the box would liquid nails or apoxy work?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

How do you secure the port into the box would liquid nails or apoxy work?

im sure both would work. honestly i've never done a round port but yeat i would say that should work. then just run some caulk around the edge to seal it all up

Archived