Sonic Electronix

Any Ideas How To Get More Out Of My Current Setup?

Anyone got some ideas that will give me more bang out of my setup. Im running 3 jl w3v2s dual 2 ohm all sealed 1 cuft per sub in the back of an 06 silverado extended cab 2 are under the backseat in a downfire box the other is in the middle of the floor above the bump also in a downfire box. I am running them off a Kenwood kac 9013d amp. If my info is right these 3 subs are wired to 1.3 ohm load and the amp is stable down to 1 ohm the book for the amp says 900 rms @ 2 and at 1 ohm but i have also heard kenwood over rates power. Have 4 gauge 12v wire and ground wire. If you need any more info about the setup let me know and any ideas Id like to hear anything. I mean im happy with it and it hits pretty good nice and clean but I just want a little more.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

very basic things:

ported box

more power

upfiring instead of down.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

very basic things:

ported box

more power

upfiring instead of down.

Is there any way i could turn my current boxes into ported boxes or would it just sound like shit because the boxes are only 1 cu ft each? Basically I am not looking to sacrafice anymore space because with my setup now the box barely fits under the rear seat and i can still have 2 passengers in the back.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

you could port them but its not going to be as good as if you went ahead and rebiuilt them to a ported size

How would I port them? i forgot to mention im a newbie would i have to cut the boxes open and make a slot port or just drill holes and put those (tube) like ports in?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

since they are already sealed the easiest way i would think is to just drill some holes and have round ports. if you had slot ports you would have to tear a side off cut the slot put in the port and reattatch it. so i'd go with the round port to save you alot of time and damage

since they are already sealed the easiest way i would think is to just drill some holes and have round ports. if you had slot ports you would have to tear a side off cut the slot put in the port and reattatch it. so i'd go with the pound port to save you alot of time and damage

Theres not really any legit audio places in my area besides bestbuy and i have never seen those ports there. Anyone know about how much they cost where i could get them what sizes to get how to install them and if it would for sure make my stuff louder? (sorry guys i feel like a chick right now askin all these questions Im needy)

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

If you want more output with the same equipment you need to build a bigger sealed box or a ported box. Even a small ported box will be better then a sealed. Work with the space you have. With tight room an aero port will be your friend.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Theres not really any legit audio places in my area besides bestbuy and i have never seen those ports there. Anyone know about how much they cost where i could get them what sizes to get how to install them and if it would for sure make my stuff louder? (sorry guys i feel like a chick right now askin all these questions Im needy)

best buy does shitty work. i'm pretty sure they are just there to say they do audio. you can just go to home depot or lowes and get some PVC pipe the size you need and cut it down. but really i would change the setup. i understand space and the need for bump but sometimes you gotta sacrafice some things.

If you want more output with the same equipment you need to build a bigger sealed box or a ported box. Even a small ported box will be better then a sealed. Work with the space you have. With tight room an aero port will be your friend.

What is an aeroport? Yea my space is just about maxed out, like i said the box under the seat barely fits as it is and I know im being picky saying I wanna get more outta my stuff but still want to be able to fit 2 people back there as well.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3