97Shocker's Re-Birth 4-RFT2- 15's in a Wall

Just read through the whole thread... i gotta say ur doing some pretty impressive work.

-Would u get a long sleeve shirt already! or go and get a work hoodie! that way ur a$$ wont be so itchy and whatnot from the fiberglass

- That port is sweet! It looks like u put alotta work into it!

- Very nice build pics! and also very imformative

Nice center console, its very creative lol

894.jpgfrontbumper.jpgfunny.jpg

"never drive faster then your guardian angel flies... good think my guardian angel drives a twin turbo ed beast"

"its time has come for those who are different to stand united"

Thanks all for tuning in and checking out my build! i will be posting more build pics and when we get through all of the build pics i will post up a vid 0r 3.

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-

Looks good, never thought to literally glass over a media device for a docking station, that would be the best fit I suppose. I learnded from this build. Looks good, still watching this.

Im glad i can help people to learn but wanted to tell u I did not glass over the media device it was the hard case with out the device in it! i would never risk the resion getting through the tape and ruining the device.

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-

Ok now that the center console is complete and the X-Over in place it was time to start running wires. I had to tear appart the dashboard, pull out all the seats and take out the carpet to relocate the Epacenter knob and all the wires for the I-Pods, T.V., X-Over and the front sets of mids and highs. also while i had the carpet out I took full advantage and scrubed and steam cleaned it befor putting it back in.

100_3901.jpg

100_3902.jpg

100_3903.jpg

once the front was all back together I checked to make sure I had everything wired up correctly and all power was comming on to all the componets up front. I high lighted the new location of the Epecenter knob.

100_3921.jpg

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-

now that the front was all wired it was time to get the wall buttoned up with the speaker pods that sorround the the woofers. this time arround I decided to do the pods with glass and speaker rings on stilts and glass everything in polly fleace verses the way i did it last time and let me tell u it was way quicker this way! check it out..

I cut all the rings needed for the mids and highs.

100_3861.jpg

Then I covered everything in plastic, tape and foiled for the glassing of the back of the pods.

The Passanger side

100_3844.jpg

100_3846.jpg

The drivers side

100_3845.jpg

100_3847.jpg

then the glass

100_3853.jpg

pullint the hardened molds out

100_3850.jpg

100_3851.jpg

100_3852.jpg

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-

now that the pod molds were hard I could put the side pieces in place and speaker rings in place> I used a lazer pointer to figure out my imaging. that is what the holes in the middle of each speaker ring is for. Tape the lazer pointer in the center and u can determin where the sound is going to travel.

The passanger side all mounted and ready for wrapping in poly fleece.

100_3891.jpg

The drivers side

100_3890.jpg

all together

100_3889.jpg

Now out and getting wrapped.

100_3892.jpg

100_3893.jpg

And a test fit befor glassing

100_3895.jpg

100_3894.jpg

After the glassing.

100_3898.jpg

With my Oldest boy onhand helping out.

100_3896.jpg

once they hardened I could cut out the centers for the speakers.

100_3900.jpg

100_3899.jpg

So with the pods all sanded and bondoed I did a final test fit for the speakers befor wraping them in Valour.

100_3904.jpg

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-

looks bombin man, keep this shit up!!!

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Okay and hrer are the pods all wrapped in Valour and in with speakers for a test fit befor the woofers are loaded into the wall.

SPKpodsin.jpg

That will be it for me tonight! gota get up at 4am for work. I will get some more pics up tommrow night..

SMDsigbannr4.jpg-

Crazy ass build man, I wish I had the funds and knowledge to do something extreme audio wise to my truck!

'08 Nissan Titan Pro-4X CC LWB

1.5 Inch leveling kit

DDM 55w HIDs

Interior LEDs

2 RE10D4s in tech12 ported enclosure, US AMPS 800.2

Archived