Second Skin Audio

Box Design Help

well i'm sure you all seen the pole i put about 4 10's or 2 15's, well i been playing with sketch up myself and not sure if i can do etheir :( so if someone thats good at designing boxes could play around a little and tell me if i got enough space for etheir set up i'll give some details here

the space i got to work with is 44.5" wide 16.5" deep 22" tall, i could go bigger if i wanted to fold my seats but with having to make room for baby stuff also really can't do that anyways

the 2 15's would need 4cft each

the 4 10's would need 1.5cft each

both setup's i would want tune to 33hz

now the question is with the room i got to work with could i even build a box to match what each set up needs? or would i just have to do less 10's or some 12's?

if someone could help me with this would be a big help to me as to know what i need to save up for. since i only built one box and think i got lucky on that one lol

given the space you have 4 tens would be the way to go. i put your numbers in exposports box calculator and you have over 6cuft after displ

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

what kind of 10/12/15's.

not sure yet been looking around on few sites and would want them to handle atleast 1000rms each sub in each set up, and with those rms rating most the subs i seen would need little more or little less cubes per sub so just going with nice even number thats little over or right on with the max cubes req spec's on most of the subs i been looking at dc lvl4's i looked at down to some alpine type x's i been looking and i like the way a bigger box sounds thats tuned in the low 30's

i just trying to get an idea of what i could fit with using the sub's max req spec's for ported box, i'm sure by time i got the extra cash saved up that new subs will be out or costs will go down so just trying to get a around about idea what i can fit first of all then i will worry more about what subs and amp brands to go with, if you understand my point?

given the space you have 4 tens would be the way to go. i put your numbers in exposports box calculator and you have over 6cuft after displ

tyvm, the box calculator that you named is there a place i could download that? i just been using the one on the12volt.com

and sorry to all for my questions, i do ask alot of them :) but its better to ask if you don't know then trying to act like you know....

Archived