90 300zx - My First Custom Build - Dc Level Iv 15s

so you took off the ports and went with a sealed box instead?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

so you took off the ports and went with a sealed box instead?

No, the ports are made of PVC a little over 6" long. So I purchased 2 PVC pipe caps that slide over the open ends of the ports from the inside of the box. Air cannot get into the ports.

Also, I think this would be great for the person that wants good quality daily listening with the option to go ground pounder by simply un plugging the port. As I stated earlier, my box is considerable louder ported but just at the frequency of the box. Your options are limited on pipe though as I have not been able to find 3.5" or 4.5" pipe. The general consensus is that anywhere between 10 and 16 sq in per ft^3 are needed for good area then the only real option is 4" PVC which offers 12.5 sq in.

If anyone can find a workable solution for different pipe diameters I would love to know about it.

Two DC level IV 15" subs

Two MB Quart RSH 10" subs

Fusion 6.5" PowerPlant components (front)

Fusion 5.25" PowerPlant components (back)

Audiopipe AP2004

Audiopipe AP8001D

All in my 2 seater Nissan 300zx

Check out my 1st Custom Build

Damn... that's all I can say. Ok, not all but clean install. Looks stock, that's how nice it is. Props to you and your son for the build.

very very very nice install! Also very cool that you have picked up a liking of car audio. It does get addicting but it is alot of fun!

Thanks. I love it and am addicted. I am already trying to come up with a design that will give me 6 ft^3 using 4 - 4' PVCs ports which I can plug for every day listening and open up to make it go boom (see my previous reply). The problem is I think I will want to keep my 10s and I have limited room. I will not know until I have the 10s going and the system properly tuned.

Two DC level IV 15" subs

Audiopipe AP2004

Audiopipe AP8001D

Damn... that's all I can say. Ok, not all but clean install. Looks stock, that's how nice it is. Props to you and your son for the build.

Thank you.

Two DC level IV 15" subs

Audiopipe AP2004

Audiopipe AP8001D

No, the ports are made of PVC a little over 6" long. So I purchased 2 PVC pipe caps that slide over the open ends of the ports from the inside of the box. Air cannot get into the ports.

Also, I think this would be great for the person that wants good quality daily listening with the option to go ground pounder by simply un plugging the port. As I stated earlier, my box is considerable louder ported but just at the frequency of the box. Your options are limited on pipe though as I have not been able to find 3.5" or 4.5" pipe. The general consensus is that anywhere between 10 and 16 sq in per ft^3 are needed for good area then the only real option is 4" PVC which offers 12.5 sq in.

If anyone can find a workable solution for different pipe diameters I would love to know about it.

so since air cant go out its no longer a ported box then right since your not using the ports for that tuned frequency?

sounds a lil new to me and im need a lil more clarfying.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Thanks. I love it and am addicted. I am already trying to come up with a design that will give me 6 ft^3 using 4 - 4' PVCs ports which I can plug for every day listening and open up to make it go boom (see my previous reply). The problem is I think I will want to keep my 10s and I have limited room. I will not know until I have the 10s going and the system properly tuned.

You design your own boxes? What program do you use? Please say something easy like RE LPORT BOX CALCULATOR. :D I have no idea how to use bassboxpro or any other applications that's why.

You design your own boxes? What program do you use? Please say something easy like RE LPORT BOX CALCULATOR. :D I have no idea how to use bassboxpro or any other applications that's why.

I actually do the math via excel spreadsheet using JL Audio's technical help page for porting. I am still learning it though, I am really new to this. Most of my experience comes in fabricating with wood and metal. I can't wait to start on with composites and resins.

Two DC level IV 15" subs

Audiopipe AP2004

Audiopipe AP8001D

so since air cant go out its no longer a ported box then right since your not using the ports for that tuned frequency?

sounds a lil new to me and im need a lil more clarfying.

Sorry, my explanation skills aren't the greatest. Yes, the box is now sealed. Think of it like a screw on lid for the port. The port is still in the box; I just screwed the lid on tight so nothing can get in (or more to the point out). If you would like I can upload a pic or two to clarify.

Two DC level IV 15" subs

Audiopipe AP2004

Audiopipe AP8001D

Archived