Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

When To Do A Recone?


Mostar

Recommended Posts

Posted

I was just wonder after how long of use would a sub need reconed? That is if you beat them hard every day...

'05 GMC Envoy

H/U: PIONEER AVH P4300DVD

Subs: (8) SA-12's

Amps: (2) SAZ3500d's

MECHMAN 270A Alt and 5 Batteries with lots of 1/0

Posted

when the voicecoils read something other than the listed Re on a digital multimeter

if they sound like shit

if they voicecoils look alot darker than when bought

what sub are you referencing

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Posted
when the voicecoils read something other than the listed Re on a digital multimeter

if they sound like shit

if they voicecoils look alot darker than when bought

what sub are you referencing

The ones in my sig... I get them warm like every day, but i dont clip the hell out of them so that you can smell them up in the front of the truck... Just curious of how long most subs last under daily use.

'05 GMC Envoy

H/U: PIONEER AVH P4300DVD

Subs: (8) SA-12's

Amps: (2) SAZ3500d's

MECHMAN 270A Alt and 5 Batteries with lots of 1/0

Posted

I am most likely wrong but I have been told that when properly set up a quality sub could outlast the vehicle it is installed in.

But if they sound fine I wouldn't bother with a recone.

Too many projects, too little time...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3219 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...