Multiple Mids/highs To One Channel

I always thought running it at lower ohms would make the amp heat up more since its putting out more power...do you think 8 ohms would make it heat up more than, say, at 2?

your right but home audio stuff is made to run 8 ohm all day. car audio isnt. i cant be sure that the amp will push 8 ohm or if it will be to much resistance and give out plus not to mention it will reduce the power even more like someone else said on here

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

your right but home audio stuff is made to run 8 ohm all day. car audio isnt. i cant be sure that the amp will push 8 ohm or if it will be to much resistance and give out plus not to mention it will reduce the power even more like someone else said on here

that would be me that said that, and It should be safe, not that much wattage he is running

Car

1996 Sable LS

8,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R

Diamond Audio D351, Diamond Audio D362i, Diamond D3TAK off Kicker ZX200.4

Custom 15" 13w7 motor, 3.5" aluminum coils dual 1 ohm off NV-AM25001

Dynamat Dynaliner Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Stock 130A Alternator

My Build

Truck

1995 Ford F-150 Flareside XLT

10,000K Bi-Xenon HID's, 15,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Kicker KS6502, KS400 off Pioneer Premier PRS-D4100F

Truck Build

Ref(s) Rogers, Jared, Mikesmith0890, Twigz, DHFHades, BASS14, Solo_X18, mrafrica, camino_1to3, kickerassman

[speakerman9000] 5:43 pm: if sony sucks so bad how come my amps still work when i had 3 12s on it

[capalass23] 11:27 pm: wow u grand man poopin out babys like hto cakes

[KevinniveK] can u have sex later please hes helping me

that would be me that said that, and It should be safe, not that much wattage he is running

sorry sable lol. i have never ran car audio amps at 8 ohm is the only reason im worried. its not a common ohm load for this type of thing and it is a sony amp. they arent the best amp. i dont want him to go through all this trouble just to have it not work for more than 30 sec

Edited by t-money

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056

sorry sable lol. i have never ran car audio amps at 8 ohm is the only reason im worried. its not a common ohm load for this type of thing and it is a sony amp. they arent the best amp. i dont want him to go through all this trouble just to have it not work for more than 30 sec

My thoughts are, if I can't find someone locally to buy the amp, I can hook it up to the speakers, and if the amp goes pop, its another Sony sent to hell =P plus it gives me an excuse to buy a real 4-channel.

If it does work, then I didn't have to pay anything. Score one for being cheap!

Too many projects, too little time...

My thoughts are, if I can't find someone locally to buy the amp, I can hook it up to the speakers, and if the amp goes pop, its another Sony sent to hell =P plus it gives me an excuse to buy a real 4-channel.

If it does work, then I didn't have to pay anything. Score one for being cheap!

in that case install away. this will help u

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056

Honestly, I'd wire it to 2 ohms per channel and thrash the hell out of it. It's rated to 2 ohms, yeah it'll get a bit hot but you'll get way more power out of it and it'll definitely get those by-9's moving.

People talk shit about Sony, I have one of their '800w' 4 channels here, sure the rating is lies but the amp is made in Korea, very well put together and uses perfectly good parts. Nothing wrong with them.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Honestly, I'd wire it to 2 ohms per channel and thrash the hell out of it. It's rated to 2 ohms, yeah it'll get a bit hot but you'll get way more power out of it and it'll definitely get those by-9's moving.

People talk shit about Sony, I have one of their '800w' 4 channels here, sure the rating is lies but the amp is made in Korea, very well put together and uses perfectly good parts. Nothing wrong with them.

Only problem with that is that my front 5.25's are only rated to 35rms and I really can't replace them right now, even though I want to.

Well, I sucked it up and did it. Wired each side to 8 ohms and wired the amp with some Fosgate 8 gauge I used when I first got the Sony amp, flipped the high-pass switch and such. at first I thought something was wrong; it was really quiet. Little did I realize that the clipping threshold of the HU amp is not the same as the threshold of the RCA outlets. My gains are now set at 28 (out of 34; I think I can go to 30 but I don't want to test it) and it sounds amazing! Thanks all for the help! =]