Sundown Audio

WHO MAKES A SOLID 4 CHANNEL AMP FOR MIDS AND HIGHS

amariga09

is the comps ran from front channel, and kickers ran from rear channel?

every 4ch ive had ive brutalized the shit out of em n they still work fine, i had a vr3 400w 4ch runnin 4 10's @ 2ohm bridged on front n rear channels, n it never took a shit even tho it was only made for a 4ohm load, n i got a sony 600w 4ch runnin my polk db 6500 comps, and 651 coax in my geo and it never went into protect, even @ 9v(old battery had some bad cells)

did u install the comp set n amp or did a shop do it for u? and make sure the cross over is hooked up right, i was switching around some things in my truck n i forgot what i did n i messed up n had the wire comein from the amp goin into the tweeter output n the mid on the tweet output n tweeter on input, n i was like wtf is goin on here, n then i unhooked it n looked n i was like, aaah shit im glad i didn't burn anything up, but now they play fine

can u take some pics on how this is setup? and does the amp get warm/hot? i think that amp has a fan in it, but in my truck now i got a set of kicker ks 6&1/2 comp set in front, and a set of kicker ks 6&1/2 coax in the back ran from a memphis pr150.2 n it sounds excelent, n u can get this amp for around $70 on ebay, it wont have a good warranty being memphis has no online certified dealers, i got mine from a shop for around $120 i think, but ima get another one to run my 8'' subs so all my amps match,

memphis makes some good products at decent prices to, n they seem to take everything u throw at them n laugh at u, my amp does 150wrms@2ohm x2 n it works fine on regular power, but when i put my other battery in(i was in the middle of a rebuild n what knot n was runnin a small setup n when i put my other amp back in n added my secondary battery stinger sp800 it brought out some midbass that i didn't think my speakers could do

are you runnin a secondary battery in ur setup? that might make a diff, or atleast a cap, trust me the extra help really makes a diff, i kno it did on mine, n most ppl dont like there mids to play any bass notes below 100htz but mine are set to play from 80 up on amp, n 160 on headunit, n they play perfect on everything

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

protect can mean alot of things, either amp temp gets to high, wires shorted, to low of an ohm load, to low of voltage drop, i unno what else

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

is the comps ran from front channel, and kickers ran from rear channel?

every 4ch ive had ive brutalized the shit out of em n they still work fine, i had a vr3 400w 4ch runnin 4 10's @ 2ohm bridged on front n rear channels, n it never took a shit even tho it was only made for a 4ohm load, n i got a sony 600w 4ch runnin my polk db 6500 comps, and 651 coax in my geo and it never went into protect, even @ 9v(old battery had some bad cells)

did u install the comp set n amp or did a shop do it for u? and make sure the cross over is hooked up right, i was switching around some things in my truck n i forgot what i did n i messed up n had the wire comein from the amp goin into the tweeter output n the mid on the tweet output n tweeter on input, n i was like wtf is goin on here, n then i unhooked it n looked n i was like, aaah shit im glad i didn't burn anything up, but now they play fine

can u take some pics on how this is setup? and does the amp get warm/hot? i think that amp has a fan in it, but in my truck now i got a set of kicker ks 6&1/2 comp set in front, and a set of kicker ks 6&1/2 coax in the back ran from a memphis pr150.2 n it sounds excelent, n u can get this amp for around $70 on ebay, it wont have a good warranty being memphis has no online certified dealers, i got mine from a shop for around $120 i think, but ima get another one to run my 8'' subs so all my amps match,

memphis makes some good products at decent prices to, n they seem to take everything u throw at them n laugh at u, my amp does 150wrms@2ohm x2 n it works fine on regular power, but when i put my other battery in(i was in the middle of a rebuild n what knot n was runnin a small setup n when i put my other amp back in n added my secondary battery stinger sp800 it brought out some midbass that i didn't think my speakers could do

are you runnin a secondary battery in ur setup? that might make a diff, or atleast a cap, trust me the extra help really makes a diff, i kno it did on mine, n most ppl dont like there mids to play any bass notes below 100htz but mine are set to play from 80 up on amp, n 160 on headunit, n they play perfect on everything

yes the comps are ran from the front channel and the kickers are ran from the rear channel. My local shop installed everything in my car.... the amp does get a little warm/hot.... i'm not running a secondary battery or a cap setup at this time

any other amp, like sub amp in the mix? it might just me a current problem

try unhooking one of the front speakers and turn it up then do the same on the other side see if its one speaker or both messing with your amp

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

I'm not sure what's going on ... but i unhooked my subs and for some reason my mids and highs amp is not going into protect now ... i can practically turn them all the way up without my amp going into protect .... but once i hooked my subs back up my mids and highs amp went into protect at high volumes .... but i have my subs hooked to a separate amp then my mids and highs .... but the two amps are conjoined by a rca cable.

Archived