mtx jackhammer 24 inch square vs. btl 18

i know i get what you're saying...

as for many other subs getting louder. Nobody uses them in competition that i know of so that statement isnt particularly true....

I bet if this woofer were in the hands of any good installer they could get it just as loud if not louder than a BTL....

no way in hell

this thread fails :fyi:

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

no way in hell

this thread fails :fyi:

how? more cone area and a higher rms rating

seems like the jackhammer wins to me.

but yes this thread is a fail because it will never be tested

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

doubt it (lest u have a very very powerful 12). but we will never know because no one is willing to buy one and really test it. i know im not.

just cuz pimp my ride could only make 2 of them hit 13x.xx doesnt matter. the potential of this woofer is massive the practicality is tiny thereby proving my theory that it is just a way to move product. similar to a concept car

I have no doubt in my mind my 12" sub would annihilate it in spl all that thing will be good for is a hometheater application can't handle power cone weighs as much as some motors and has little excursion even the fricking mtx truck was only doing a 160 on the ac mic that can be 10db's off they had 2 and 4 10's

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

how? more cone area and a higher rms rating

seems like the jackhammer wins to me.

but yes this thread is a fail because it will never be tested

the jackhammer won't take it's rms anyway so you fail

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

the jackhammer won't take it's rms anyway so you fail

how many have u tested?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

how many have u tested?

how many have you? I have seen plenty blown mtx couldn't even get their own subs to handle it's rms besides my 12 has probably double the motor force 1/10 the cone weight and probably twice the x-max oh and double the actual rms of jack hammer

mcintoshsigz.png

hmm, look at the box with the 2 jackhammers in the mtx truck.

1. That box looks horribly small, and it looks like somebody just cut a square hole in the front of the box... because I dont see a port, just that hole.

MTX truck

But who knows maybe I'm missing something.

7e770874-fae3-49d5-ad82-4cabf106fead_zps d3abdb88-50bf-42d8-9628-e257559ec11d_zps

IG: devinthydude

the jackhammer isn't going to get any amazing spl levels it's to heavy and geared to be a "numbers" sub I can't under stand why people try to compare it to good spl subs like 95g's and apxx those subs have way more motor force handle more power have a higher fs and of course are cheaper

and am I the only one to notice it was metered with the door open and it was a burp and was still around a 149-150 db burp?

mcintoshsigz.png

Archived