2 12s in a 5.4 cu. ft. sealed box UPDATE: temp swap of Inifinitys to test with Mojos and more wattage

I had some left over mdf boards from a small window unit project, and got the looking at one of them and decided to build a new box. Here's a rough look at what it will look like:

212box.jpg

The box in the works:

DSCN9497.jpg

DSCN9499.jpg

The volume including the triangles is 5.38 cu. ft.

The internal size is 24.5" depth, 23" width, 14.5" tall and the triangles are 11.5"wide, 6.75" depth, and 14.5 tall.

It is a sealed design, that can be ported, but with experimenting with an old 2.25 box and one sub, I had a 3" port tube and would experiment with the port installed and with the port closed and noticed that the woofer would sound better, and have better xmax with the box being sealed.

This will go in the astra.

Edited by quakecitystudio

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

Here's the finished look as it sits. I had some issues along the way. I don't have a table top router or saw, so some of my cuts weren't straight, but not bad for my third box. Will post videos of it here in a second.

DSCN9509.jpg

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

You'd be surprised. The last box I had these in was 2.5 cu. ft. sealed. I had a sheet of mdf left over and decided to build on that size. I took volume measurements and it came out to 5.4 cu. ft. I looked on WinISD to see what it would require for 2 of the subs in a sealed enclosure: It said: Front Chamber Volume= 5.957 cu. ft. with a Qtc. of .71. The subs are actually the 1242w if you wanted to look the parameters up.

The subs hit hard at low volumes in this box. I got the watching Bad Boys II with the subs hooked up and a Fostex 3.0 studio monitor, and it was very impressive, very theatrical sounding, even with the volumes low.

One thing I noticed is that these subs do not like ported enclosures, you get more xmax and clarity out of a sealed enclosure.

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

• 4 weeks later...

I spoke with a friend of mine, and he is going to let me borrow a couple of Mojo 12s to test in the box, and a little more power can be applied to see how the box performs.

So far I've been putting about 200w per sub on a home receiver.

I might get the chance to test it on 1000w per sub in a friend's truck when he gets back in town.

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...