So I bought an 09 Jetta S about a month ago, I am looking to put a few mods on it like CAI and a turbo. It has the 2.5L engine in it, 5 speed tranny. I've always wanted a Jetta, pref. the older boxier versions, but funds were right to get a new one so I said f*** it why not get a new one. Anyway long story short I have no idea what brands are decent to get, I have heard AEM is one of the best, but was wondering if there were any others that might be slightly better for the VDubs?Anyway I am just looking for some feedback on this, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

So I bought an 09 Jetta S about a month ago, I am looking to put a few mods on it like CAI and a turbo. It has the 2.5L engine in it, 5 speed tranny. I've always wanted a Jetta, pref. the older boxier versions, but funds were right to get a new one so I said f*** it why not get a new one. Anyway long story short I have no idea what brands are decent to get, I have heard AEM is one of the best, but was wondering if there were any others that might be slightly better for the VDubs?Anyway I am just looking for some feedback on this, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

bump

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

If you go turbo you will not be able to use your CAI. The turbo inlet will be in a different location than the outlet of the intake, unless the CAI is specifically designed for a turbocharged car. Besides most turbo kits come with an intake.

As for boost...I am not sure of any kits available for the newer Jettas. However, I bet you could make a kit for a Golf or a GTI fit with some modifications.

Too many projects, too little time...

If you go turbo you will not be able to use your CAI. The turbo inlet will be in a different location than the outlet of the intake, unless the CAI is specifically designed for a turbocharged car. Besides most turbo kits come with an intake.

As for boost...I am not sure of any kits available for the newer Jettas. However, I bet you could make a kit for a Golf or a GTI fit with some modifications.

lol that makes sense, I will have to look into that, I looked on AEM's site and they don't even have VDubs listed in the car search for parts, so I am guessing they don't make shit for em lol.

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

If you want to know more about your options available head over to vwvortex there is plenty of people over there that can help you with your vw.

thanks man, I am over there now soaking up all the info lol.

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers