So I'm driving home from work last night and my guages stopped working, check engine light came on, rpm, speedo, gas, temperature guage all not working. Great. So I have no clue how fast im going. I stop at speedway today and I get in my car and go to take it out of park and it wont let me take it out of park and acts as if my foot wasnt on the brake, so i pull the cluster fuse and it works again, guages still only working 1/10th of the time. I stop my car at night and get out and my drls are still on, once again had to pull the fuse. Shut my door turn my key, light should dim and it doesn't, so I had to pull the fuse again. I'm getting pissed. what could the problem be? BCM?

2000 pontiac sunfire 2.2L sedan, no keyless entry, no power windows, no power doors, automatic transmission.

The guy at advanced auto tried to say it was because of the "big rims" i put on my car, and told me to go get a full diagnostics at car medic tomorrow.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Don't mean to be Captain Obvious but it sounds like a HUGE elec. issue, definitely doesn't have to do with 'rims.'

I would just start checking wires for shorts, maybe something got melted and/or burnt in the engine bay, maybe there's an issue in the battery, Idunno.

Just a wild guess but maybe something is wrong with/near the fuse block?

Too many projects, too little time...

Captain obvious up there is right ;) sounds like you have a really bad short somewhere. First thing I would do is check for recalls on that vehicle. Second if you can I would take my car up to schucks being a newer car youre going to have an obd2 connector under the dash usually by the steering column, schucks will let you use their diagnostics tool for free and it saved me a ton of money rather than taking my car to a mechanic. After I ran the diagnostic on my car it turns out they had a recall on my mitsubishi because they mounted the wiring harness right next to the downpipe and melted :dry:. Good luck.

Captain obvious up there is right ;) sounds like you have a really bad short somewhere. First thing I would do is check for recalls on that vehicle. Second if you can I would take my car up to schucks being a newer car youre going to have an obd2 connector under the dash usually by the steering column, schucks will let you use their diagnostics tool for free and it saved me a ton of money rather than taking my car to a mechanic. After I ran the diagnostic on my car it turns out they had a recall on my mitsubishi because they mounted the wiring harness right next to the downpipe and melted :dry:. Good luck.

Yeah its definitly not rims lol, I went to autozone and the computer wouldn't link up with the tool, because my odometer said error instead of mileage, which means it wasn't connecting to the bcm (or so thats what i read) and I told him this and he shrugged it off like I had no idea what i was talking about, and I suggested to turn the key off for a moment because the odometer works most of the time and is rarely showing the error but he had other customers and could seem to care less.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Wouldn't start for the past 2 days, it would start, but it would immediately die out. Went out today to pull it to my bros garage, and thought i'd try to start it again, and bam it starts. Almost wish it would've stayed broken because I would have found the problem, now it's just a guessing game of when its not going to run again. FML

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

There is a plug under the battery tray thats known for getting full of corrosion. i would start there.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

There is a plug under the battery tray thats known for getting full of corrosion. i would start there.

Going to go check it out now, thanks for the tip!

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Going to go check it out now, thanks for the tip!

i think its a big one with maybe 10-15 wires. mines never had a problem only heard about it.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER