Sonic Electronix

Is This Port Calculator More Or Less Accurate?

I used Kicker's specs when building my box, and I decided I'd check and see what tuning I was running real quick. I was under the impression that it was around 32 hz, but after playing around on this page:

http://www.carstereo.com/help2/Articles.cfm?id=31

I realized it's closer to 40 hz, and in order to achieve 32 hz my port would have to be like 12 inches longer. So is my port actually tuned at 39 hz or is this calculator on crack?

Each sub has 3.25 cu ft and each has a port 13.25x3x14. Thanks guys.

I'm actually not disappointed in the frequency its at right now, I'm just trying to make sure. I did the calculations myself and came up with that I should have a 27 inch long port in order to get a 32 hz tuning.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

I used Kicker's specs when building my box, and I decided I'd check and see what tuning I was running real quick. I was under the impression that it was around 32 hz, but after playing around on this page:

http://www.carstereo.com/help2/Articles.cfm?id=31

I realized it's closer to 40 hz, and in order to achieve 32 hz my port would have to be like 12 inches longer. So is my port actually tuned at 39 hz or is this calculator on crack?

Each sub has 3.25 cu ft and each has a port 13.25x3x14. Thanks guys.

I'm actually not disappointed in the frequency its at right now, I'm just trying to make sure. I did the calculations myself and came up with that I should have a 27 inch long port in order to get a 32 hz tuning.

I just checked this out and it seems pretty accurate lookin at the numbers my box program is givin me. Idk usually from my experiece recomended tunning from the manufacture is usually somewhere between 35-40hz

I just checked this out and it seems pretty accurate lookin at the numbers my box program is givin me. Idk usually from my experiece recomended tunning from the manufacture is usually somewhere between 35-40hz

Alright cool that's what I thought. I think I might stick with this tuning then. I think I'm still gonna rebuild my box crx style though, so I can get half my cargo area back and not have to worry about stuff hitting the subs.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Archived