Sundown Audio

Rockford Fosgate vs. Planet Audio

Heres my scenerio - I have two RF 12" P3's (1000W max 500 rms) and I currently am running a RF t500-1bd amp, sounds alright. . . My friend is selling his Planet Audio TQ1601D amp and this bumps his 2 xtants pretty damn hard. Is this amp too much for my P3's? Or should I just stick with my Rockford Fosgate? The Planet Audio amp says it pushes 1200 rms.

Heres my scenerio - I have two RF 12" P3's (1000W max 500 rms) and I currently am running a RF t500-1bd amp, sounds alright. . . My friend is selling his Planet Audio TQ1601D amp and this bumps his 2 xtants pretty damn hard. Is this amp too much for my P3's? Or should I just stick with my Rockford Fosgate? The Planet Audio amp says it pushes 1200 rms.

that planet audio is there entry lvl amp set they do ok for cheap stuff but i dont think they put out full rated power by a few hundred watts but we have sold quite a few and havent had any come back at all

what kind of enclosure are you using for your P3's? if you wana bump louder... you can try rebuilding an enclosure... or pick up another t500... i hear that the those subs can take a beating... you may be able to run 700 rms into both... but thats at your own risk...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

that planet amp is trash.

it might do 900.. on a good day.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

what kind of enclosure are you using for your P3's? if you wana bump louder... you can try rebuilding an enclosure... or pick up another t500... i hear that the those subs can take a beating... you may be able to run 700 rms into both... but thats at your own risk...

Not sure of the dimensions of the box but its a pretty small ported box, the subs barely fit on the front of the box. But my trunk makes it pretty limited to what I can do, I have an 05 sentra spec v, so pretty damn small trunk