white4d96 Posted July 3, 2009 Report Posted July 3, 2009 I am currently running a pair of Alpine SPS-690A by-nines in my car. Due partially to their location (lots of sun exposure) and due mostly to me stupidly feeding them a dirty full-pass signal off the HU for months, they have cracking rubber surrounds and crunchy coils. So now I am looking for new/used by-nines. Right now I am running them off of 35w RMS (off a Sony amp run at 8 ohms, my guess is 70w x2 (half the 4-ohm RMS), divided by two speakers per channel, so 35w) high-passed at 80Hz, but I plan to eventually upgrade to 50w RMS off a 4-channel. I would like a decent speaker but do not have much to spend. I am looking for recommendations for good by-nine coaxials. If they are inexpensive ones, I may buy new. If not, I will look on EBay and the forum for used examples. So basically I am looking for suggestions for decent by-nine coaxials for...oh, let's say...less than $50. If that ends up being unrealistic I can change it but let's start there. I am open to any suggestions, even if it's to suck it up and start counting pennies for real amps and speakers lol. Thanks in advance, -Austin Too many projects, too little time...
shainemcconnell Posted July 3, 2009 Report Posted July 3, 2009 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/viewcat.php...x=50&page=2 there are some nice ones there the MB quarts, eclipse are not bad for the money 2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion 2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion 2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals 2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup. Team Pure Pressure
spl4life Posted July 3, 2009 Report Posted July 3, 2009 ive had pretty good experiences with pioneers 6x9s...in fact im still using them off the HU until i can get my RF 6.5 comps into some pods... My first truck... My first Real build... *Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!* 1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line Everybody wants their system to be.... 1. Cheap 2. Reliable 3. Loud ...you can only pick two. micahmye hertz pack
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.