Second Skin Audio

dd9512 enclosure

So im fixing to purchase the dd and i want to build an enclosure for it. Its going in a 2002 harley davidson edition f-150 as the rear console. I have at most 28inches long(from back of cab to the rear of the front center console. I have 18 inches in total width(seat to seat). Also, 16 to 17 inches in height. So say 28x18x16.5.... Thats 3.8 cu. ft. that should be way too much right? I need ideas on what to do. Sub up port up,sub front and somehow port front? sub to the back port to the front.. sub down port down.. Just what i should do and what tuning i should make. I mainly like low bass. I was thinking somewhere around 32-35. What should i go with 2.5 cu.ft. A little more or less? At 2.5cu.ft. should i do 40 or 50 sq.in. of port? Can someone please tell me what the easiest online calculater is. I can't seem to ever match the right sq. in. of port up to the actual length to get it right. tuning is always in the 40's! Thanks and sorry for the long post with a thousand questions.

03 350Z

Keep it as close to 2.5 as possible. Don't go below 2.5 and don't go above 3.0 net. Port and box should be 3.0 all together. The specs on DD's site are ideal. 32-36hz is perfect. Make the port into an L.... like 18-20" long.

Edited by xx24xx

DDAudio002-1.jpg

lP lR O Jl lE C T - C G 6

DD 9512G - DD M2A - DDA W - DD S4A - ALPINE W505 - IMPRINT

its only going to be around 2.75 and its only going to be getting around 1200 watts. Everytime i find an online calculator and put in my dimensions and port size its wrong. Like i need 44 sq. in. of port area. Ok so i do that and i can't get anything below like 40 something hz. Or the length is like 30 inches! Thats crazy. I know the port needs to be as far away from the woofer as possible. This is why i need help. I could only use 30 sq. inches on my 2512 in almost the same size box because i couldn't get the tuning low enough. So of course i get hella port noise! ANY ideas?

03 350Z

for instance....

Box dimensions: These are outer dimensions.

Height:15.5

Width:18

Depth:22

Port dimensions:

Height:15

Width:3

Length:30

The tuning is still at Freaking 39hz. I dunno what else i can do to lower the tuning without making the port a mile long! Please someone help. This is frustrating me!

I got one calculator telling me one thing and one telling me another. Which one do i believe? I have the calculator from car stereo dot com and one from the guy on smd forum.

Edited by bombout800

03 350Z

forum.soundpressure.com will be much more help than I am. I'm sure you will get a quick reaponse too. It's sorta like a DD fanboy page lol.

DDAudio002-1.jpg

lP lR O Jl lE C T - C G 6

DD 9512G - DD M2A - DDA W - DD S4A - ALPINE W505 - IMPRINT

I believe if you use less port area, the length needed to tune low will be less

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

question.. Say my box is 2.75 cu.ft. after my port and sub its somewhere around 1.56cu.ft. So that means i only really have 1.56cu.ft. of airspace? also if i do my port 16.5x2.75x34 inches long im getting a tuning of 33hz?? Does that sound correct? That port just seems really long!

03 350Z

^??? I know by using less area its easier to go lower. But thats exactly what i don't want to do... I don't want port noise. I want 16-20sq inches per 1cu.ft of box. I need someone to help me and answer the post before this one.

03 350Z