Are Focals really worth the price?

what is your goal? plan on doing sq? For the price you have alot of options.. if you are serious about sq, i would shop around a little bit before droppin 1400$ on a set of speakers having NO idea why they cost that much.

My goal is indeed SQ. From what I have heard tho.. I am leaning towards the Hertz speakers. Any thoughts on Hertz?

NO NO NO NO NO! Stay away from CDT at all costs. I dont care if they cost a million dollars, doesnt mean they sound real.

Which Focal set were you planning on getting? $1400, Is that the 3way k2p set?

Focal makes great sounding speakers. However, every focal set if have heard that were using a passive set, felt like the tweeter was a bit too edgy for my ears. But I am sure they can be dialed down if necessary. The Dynaudio and Hertz really do sound completely different from the Focals imo, the Focals are more articulate whereas the Hertz tend to be a little more bottom heavy to embrace that "warm" sound people sometimes seek.

Ya thats the set that I was looking at, but after reading around I am leaning towards the Hertz. Thx for the advice bro..